Maker of the Sky
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

SYNOPSIS
Traum is a short, narrative-driven game with horror elements. It encourages the player to explore as interacting with objects reveals more about the world, the story, and the main character himself. Many of the objects can be interacted with multiple times and some items trigger flashback memories of days past. During the gameplay there are also choices that will affect some future events.

The story itself touches on real-life issues and is mature in tone, so the game is not intended for children. Traum has no combat as it relies on suspense, atmosphere, and storytelling. The full version will have multiple endings where the player must rely on their past interactions to make a choice. Traum also has fully custom character artwork and music.

PLOT
You're Mike, a common man who had it all planned out. A loving wife, a house, and a steady income. The American dream.

Now stuck with a dull office job and a terrible boss, family was all he got. Tensions from work were carried over to home and while not everything was full of champagne and rose petals, dreams and plans were still intact. Until that one fateful day.

Can even the best of plans be shattered by unexpected news?

SETTING
Traum takes place in a modern day at some undisclosed city.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

CHARACTERS
  • Mike

A common man stuck in a dead-end office job and marital problems. The player character.

• Irma

Mike’s wife who is staying at her mother’s house at the moment.

• Chris

Mike’s co-worker, the only one there he might consider a friend.

• Boss

A demanding figure who loves working out and staring at certain pictures. A man that can’t be reasoned with. Collects trophies.

• Tom ???
    “Just someone from work”

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:

Skyforger

Maker of the Sky
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all!

Traum has been received very well by people that have played the game! Our team is happy with all the criticism we have received and we are working towards fixing all the problems with the demo. We've also gotten some good suggestions on how to improve some parts of the game.

The script for Traum is pretty much complete. Most of the art and music have already been completed. Now it just takes a lot of work with RPG Maker to implement that all into the game itself. Work work... :kaoswt:

We are still hoping to get some additional feedback on the game, so if you have the time, please play our game and let us know what you think! We really appreciate constructive criticism as we believe it really helps us improve. :kaoluv: Just remember that it IS a demo so some parts of the current maps may feel empty as we still haven't included all of the interactable objects and such.

Here, have the theme song of Traum :kaojoy:

Skyforger

Maker of the Sky
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am happy to announce that Traum is now finished and available for download!

I'd like to thank the team for the amazing job they have done, Lehkeri the writer, Perhoslapsi the artist, Zoikkis the composer and Masentaja the original level designer. The team has been hard at work and the effort has really paid off! Already we have gotten some very good reviews about how well we have succeeded in many aspects of the game. Thank you all, love you very much :kaoluv: (Now let's make another, shall we? (I just need a small break (Don't kill me pls.)))

A lot of blood, sweat and tears were shed during the making of this game but it feels like it all has been worth it. Go ahead and try it out, I hope that you like it! :kaojoy:

Linky linklink:
https://ruskatuli.itch.io/traum

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, this is definitely going to be on my to-play list. It looks good and I love the artwork!

NikorasuWatosan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a good game that nobody can deny. A lot of love and hate was put into this game and it succeeds across the board!

AnimeGirl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
I am surprised that one took a German title.
Will there be a walkthrough?

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I did a complete Let's play of this, I loved every minute, I kind of did spoil myself watching Studio's Blue'splaythrough, but i still loved playing it myself. here is the playlist, if you want to watch

cLeigh33

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, I really love the look of this! The use of dark colours and the music especially. I'll download it now and come back with a bit of feedback once I've had the chance to play it.

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This game is really good! I enjoyed the use of the sprites, doing things versus just kind of standing there. Creepy, well written, and definitely a nice twist at the end. Loved it!

TheKorken

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I really liked the game. Animation and Grahpics are top! I watched the lets play of Roooodworks and loved it.
I would have liked if you did the other ending also but I found that somewhere other on youtube.

Really hard ending and I hoped the story wouldnt be so sinnister.

AnimeGirl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
If you make a walkthrough.

AnimeGirl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
Don't you know what a walkthrough is?
That's a list/ text witch you tell us when do what.

Skyforger

Maker of the Sky
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't you know what a walkthrough is?
That's a list/ text witch you tell us when do what.
I'm not sure if a short game like Traum really needs one

AnimeGirl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
I play the game right now. But the game does not run fluently, hangs over and over again for a moment and reacts with a time delay at the touch of a button.
My Pc as the following Processor:

AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor 3.00 GHz
Windows 7 64bit
4GB ram

Skyforger

Maker of the Sky
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I play the game right now. But the game does not run fluently, hangs over and over again for a moment and reacts with a time delay at the touch of a button.
My Pc as the following Processor:

AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor 3.00 GHz
Windows 7 64bit
4GB ram
The lighting plugin is pretty heavy, so might be harder to run on older systems. No one else had any problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ksi
Looking forward to messing around with MZ when it comes out in little over a week. Anyone else amped? What's the first thing you're gonna look at/try to do?
by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.
SOC
If the VisuStella videos are using the MZ RTP tilesets... I'm really disappointed. MV's look so much better. I hope it's easy to convert MV tiles to MZ.
If this thing end to be good enough, I'll be pleased to release it there for free (looong to be completed...).
And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Talim