Trello - Free tool to help organise game dev

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by beaulamb1992, Jan 12, 2014.

1. beaulamb1992

beaulamb1992 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey everyone,

Don't know if this is the right place for this post but i thought it could be quite useful for anyone making or planning to make a game.

Ive just started using it myself and its become so helpful.

Its a free online tool to help organize any project, its also good if your working within a team as you can post current jobs, completed jobs or whatever you want or think that needs doing for your game. You can even put up notes, references images and attach files.

You can create an account or use your google account to log in here https://trello.com/

Hopes its useful for people struggle with there organizational skills like me :D

ShinGamix and numfanklewhat like this.
  2. numfanklewhat

numfanklewhat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    I've been using trello since the very beginning of my project, it is really helpful especially if you are working with team. I usually share gameplay ideas, team member current task, and bug tracking stuff there. Very recommended tools.  :thumbsup-left:

3. RockemKnockem

RockemKnockem Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Wow! What a great program! I was looking through the forums and when I saw this, I was like "Da hell is this?" Before this, I would write in a Journal, which worked out pretty well. But with this, if I start a small dev team for games like these, this'll help a lot! Thanks for sharing with the forum!

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Moving to Program and Utility Discussion

ShinGamix likes this.
  5. beaulamb1992

beaulamb1992 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @numfanklewhat - Yeah its made everything so much easier to organise! simple tool but works great :D

@RockemKnockem - Cool, no worries dude!

6. Makio-Kuta

Makio-Kuta Canadian Goose Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've been playing with this since the day you made this thread and I just want to say - Thank you.

I'm really organized about my work, with more lists and spreadsheets and pngs and PSDs telling me what to do than is likely necessary for the average being; so I didn't think I would find this useful, but being able to have a fancy looking program where I can make a checklist and then check things off and watch a progress bar grow is absolutely amazing for me! It let's me visually SEE progress happening, which is a thing I struggle with a lot, and I can easily be thrown in a slump by thinking I'm not working hard enough. So, from a completely brain-stupid side of things, this website is really handy! So a huge thanks for sharing.