Scepii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
Okay, I'm going to try, the best as I can to explain this one.
I want to make certain pokemon (actors) evolve, change their appearance, and classes.
I have an actor and class for each Pokemon.
I have 2 methods for this, but none of them work due to the things I'm about to explain.
(lets use Bulbasaur(which evolves at lvl 16) and Ivysaur as an example)

Method
Bulbasaur reaches lvl 16.
I change the class of bulbasaur to ivysaur, I then change all the visuals for Bulbasaur to be Ivysaur.
This works perfectly for Bulbasaur and Ivysaur, BUT, not for pokemon who gains a type upon evolving.
Take Charmeleon, hes pure fire, but becomes fire-flying when evolving.
I have an plugin where I can set certain actors to have certain elements in the note-tags, but for some reason this doesnt work in the class note-tags, thus the Charmeleon will stay pure fire when evolving to Charizard as I can't change an actors note-tags ingame, nor can I apply those note-tags to be class-specific.

Method
Bulbasaur reaches lvl 16.
I then remove Bulbasaur from the party, and add Ivysaur.
The problem is that the attacks Bulbasaur had doesnt go over to Ivysaur, unless he learns them again.

The reason I'm not just ''changing class'' is because I have an plugin which makes sure the actors can only learn 4 moves, which makes for an endless combination of moves if I'm supposed to check all the moves Bulbasaur had when it evolved.

Thank you, and sorry for this.

Scepii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Scepii , please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There are so many coding terms that are complete gibberish to me. Like what the heck is "Return" or "Array"??
Sometimes I forget how tiny and fun working in 16x16 is (or with 18x18 if ya counting the white outline LOL) and before you ask Yes. Yes this is an appropriate ratio of drinks to all the other stuff. :popcorn:
f37ac128dedc8a53af7deb2b12e8ea81becf6e46.png
Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dusk_13