Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Triple Triad

Introduction
This is the Triple Triad Plugin!,
For those who never played, here is a big chance, it puts the card game in your project as a side mini-game, really addictive, and thanks a lot for square for the marvelous mini-game x).

Features
- Artificial Inteligence
- Card Album
- Aftermatch Scene

There will be a booster and Card Shop add-on later on!!

Portuguese user? Access the portuguese script here

Screenshots and videos

How to Use
Check the demo out for how to use this plugin!

Plugin

https://raizen884.itch.io/triple-triad-rpg-maker-mv-plugin

FAQ
Will there be future add-ons for the script?
Yes
Is this plugin ok for commercial use?
Yes commercially and non-commercially, I only ask if possible to credit me for the plugin :)

Credit and Thanks
- Raizen for the script
- Design if used by Raizen
- images are RM MV RTP (Kadokawa) or commercial free-use.

And of course, Square for Final Fantasy 8 and everything needed for the game mechanics

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Images are now the MV RTP which is fine as long as they credit Kadokawa. I approved the thread, but please add that to your credits too. Also can you edit the video to show the new images?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep! Sorry guys xD! I got this a little messed up hahah, but I think its all good now :)! If there is any issue I will happily modify to be ok!

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Raizen I totally thought you gave up on this. Didn't you have a post about this in the development plugin forum like, years ago? It's amazing that you actually finished it! Thanks!

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. Could you please provide a way to input game rules from variables? I tried putting $gameSwitches.value(10) and parseBoolean($gameSwitches.value(10)) into enemy creation data where the bits for Same, Plus etc should be, with no result.
Posting here to keep all questions relative to the plugin on its thread x).

I didn't use eval so that won't work, I would need to adapt the plugin to accept that, I'm not sure how RM MV handles the Plugin parameters, I think they are loaded once when the application starts, so I'm not sure I can make it work like that also. I will try to adapt it on a future version x).

@Raizen I totally thought you gave up on this. Didn't you have a post about this in the development plugin forum like, years ago? It's amazing that you actually finished it! Thanks!
Yeah I was very away hahah, I had planned doing this waaaay back, but just wasn't in a mood to program it xD. Anyway thanks for the ups :)! I am really happy to be doing this kind of work again!

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
After the first NPC says some stuff and it's supposed to give you cards I got this error.

Attachments

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think its not recognizing the plugin, is it on and all? I tested in a PC without RPG Maker MV and it worked all good.

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think its not recognizing the plugin, is it on and all? I tested in a PC without RPG Maker MV and it worked all good.
I just ran your demo as well Raizen and I hit the same error at the very start of the demo upon walking onto a touch event after some dialogue.

As a precaution, i disabled the touch event and talked to another npc who is supposed to give me cards and the same error occurred.

UPDATE: I figured out what the problem is! You coded this for version 1.6.2 of MV which means games using previous versions of MV CAN NOT run this mini-game...

I have plugins which can not run on anything higher than version 1.5.2. Is it possible you can make a version that works with 1.5.2 or make your current version backwards compatible with 1.5.2?

Last edited:

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was actually thinking it might have been the RPG Maker MV Version.
I'm using V 1.5.2 because moving to V 1.6 and above seems to break things in my game project.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh ok, I will see that, I don't have any idea how MV js works with backward compatibility haha, and I find it so strange since I didn't even know I used something specific from version 1.6 and on XD. Anyway don't worry this should be very easy to fix so today later on I will probably update the demo :)

Edit: Ok it works on any browser, but is not working specifically for the versions 1.5.2 and under from RPG Maker MV hahah, I need to understand why is this XD

Last edited:

BlueMage

Slime Lv99
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Legendary Raizen is back!

ray0989

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Raizen Hello guy, can you tell me how to edit the card data?I tried to find it in the “data” folder, but I didn't find it.

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You edit the plugin config. One of the options there is Card List.

haobanfn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome!!! Thank you for your great work!

But a little question here :

I try to change the code line 457 from

function tripleTriadHasCard(card_id) {
return ($dataTripleTriad.self_tt_cards.includes(card_id) && $dataTripleTriad.all_cards.includes(card_id));
};

to

function tripleTriadHasCard(card_id) {
return ($dataTripleTriad.self_tt_cards.includes(card_id) || $dataTripleTriad.all_cards.includes(card_id));
};

maybe the latter one is more intuitive?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it isn't more intuitive, it is just right hahahah, I will change that, it was my mistake thanks to notice that x)!

I also forgot to add the touch support, it was working before already, I'll try to update today!

Ah, I'm having a lot of problems to make this run on RM MV 1.5 and below, it actually does work, but the playTest will not work on the executable, I really am guessing it is probably because of the JS version on the program itself. If you have version 1.5.x or below, you can use this script, but it does not run on the RMMV playTest mode, you can run it on any updated browser though.

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also forgot to add the touch support, it was working before already, I'll try to update today!
Will the function I requested, namely support for variables and evals in the rules section, in the update?

BlueMage

Slime Lv99
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
@Raizen
If you have version 1.5.x or below, you can use this script, but it does not run on the RMMV playTest mode, you can run it on any updated browser though.
Why is that? I thought the only different thing between ver1.6x and 1.5x is that
1.6x support arrow function "=>" while 1.5x doesn't

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will the function I requested, namely support for variables and evals in the rules section, in the update?
I'll try to add that, I'll see how easy I can add that for you x), will update it tomorrow actually today I had some work to do.

@Raizen

Why is that? I thought the only different thing between ver1.6x and 1.5x is that
1.6x support arrow function "=>" while 1.5x doesn't
I don't quite understand why hahah, but a lot of things were not working, like adding default parameters in functions does not work for 1.5, I guess 1.5 is using ES 5 and 1.6 is using ES 6, even though I didn't find documentation saying that. Even after I changed that there was some issues also, but... I did not find any single issue when using 1.5 and just using another playTest method, any other actually. I wanted to fix that, but if I have to change too much to make it work, it kind of bothers me to downgrade the script hahah. XD

Btw, thanks for the legendary before hahaha XD

keizz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry but I don't know rules for this card games, Can you explain for me?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The reason it won't work under playtest mode is the code for playtest was changed in one of the versions of MV (1.5.1 I think). Anyone who tried to run a project lower than that with the editor updated playtest didn't work either, they just got white screen.

Also around 1.5 or so Mv changed how plug-in data is read, so odds are high you would have to rewrite it completely to make it work for version 1.0 - 1.4.1. This is also why almost no plug-ins written for version 1.0 - 1.4.1 work in 1.5 on up too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well... things are slow. I'm still waiting to get called back into my position, but I do have some time to design my games.
Suddenly wanna hear this ...
The best way to end your day? Cuddle your kitten! :LZSproud:

Explorer's Log:
September 29th
Silent Hill 4pm, 91F, air quality forecast of 301 AQI

The mask upgrade appears to be working great, I've had less hallucinations of weird fleshy creatures today... Some even look like people. Though I remain unconvinced of such. Still in hindsight, I probably should have treated previous "weird fleshy creatures" better, just in case.

Still no Pyramid hat though, I'll keep searching.
Rocket League - Streaming once more! - 30 Followers Goal

30 Followers and I'll stream a game while using a voicechanger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiamumomo