Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry but I don't know rules for this card games, Can you explain for me?
Well you can find it here: https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VIII/Cards
You can search for Triple Triad rules on the web, FFXIV has more rules than FFVIII, so usually try to find FFVIII which is were I based most rules. :)

The reason it won't work under playtest mode is the code for playtest was changed in one of the versions of MV (1.5.1 I think). Anyone who tried to run a project lower than that with the editor updated playtest didn't work either, they just got white screen.

Also around 1.5 or so Mv changed how plug-in data is read, so odds are high you would have to rewrite it completely to make it work for version 1.0 - 1.4.1. This is also why almost no plug-ins written for version 1.0 - 1.4.1 work in 1.5 on up too.
I think I got it hahah, thanks! Looks like RMMV evolved a lot through the years xD. I'll see at least for 1.5 if I can make it work, for versions below I'll not even bother, ty for the tips!

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry but I don't know rules for this card games, Can you explain for me?
The simplest version of the rules is the following: cards have numbers. You put them on a three by three grid, so the numbers face each other. The card with a greater number facing a card with a lesser number captures that card. Each card has four numbers, one for each side. So there are cards with strong sides and weak sides. Capturing cards is the goal of the game, it allows you to score points.

This is the bare-bones game. There is a lot of optional rules making it more complex and interesting. Rules usually vary from in-game region to region.

joepmeloen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its great to hear you are working on this plugin again. I'm not going to use it in my project but maybe in the near future, because Triple triad is still my favorite cardgame to play as a mini game.

Just my two cents:
Maybe its an idea to have the cards template / atrribute / random points / blue , red side, created by the plugin, so the dev only needs to add a image and the plugin creates a card out of it.
This way there would be more dynamics between the cards which also speeds up card creating, you just need an image of monster x. Amd the plugin creates the background blue / red and shows the attributes on the cards which is given through the plugin options to randomize power 1-3 gives the points between 1-3.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I loved this plugin for VX Ace. Great to see it back.

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well you can find it here: https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VIII/Cards
You can search for Triple Triad rules on the web, FFXIV has more rules than FFVIII, so usually try to find FFVIII which is were I based most rules. :)

I think I got it hahah, thanks! Looks like RMMV evolved a lot through the years xD. I'll see at least for 1.5 if I can make it work, for versions below I'll not even bother, ty for the tips!
Any update on getting the 1.5.2 version out? I'd love it if you could manage this since 90% of my plugins can't run above 1.5.2. :)

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any update on being able to use evals for rules?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its great to hear you are working on this plugin again. I'm not going to use it in my project but maybe in the near future, because Triple triad is still my favorite cardgame to play as a mini game.

Just my two cents:
Maybe its an idea to have the cards template / atrribute / random points / blue , red side, created by the plugin, so the dev only needs to add a image and the plugin creates a card out of it.
This way there would be more dynamics between the cards which also speeds up card creating, you just need an image of monster x. Amd the plugin creates the background blue / red and shows the attributes on the cards which is given through the plugin options to randomize power 1-3 gives the points between 1-3.
I can be wrong, but I do believe there is a generator for triple triad cards, I have seen it somewhere, that would completely help in the effort to create the images. Yeah I wanted to make the easiest way possible to configure :(, but if there is this generator then it would already do my hard work hahah.

I loved this plugin for VX Ace. Great to see it back.
Thanks friend :D!

Any update on getting the 1.5.2 version out? I'd love it if you could manage this since 90% of my plugins can't run above 1.5.2. :)
Yeah I was working on that, ugh so many bugs occurred :(. I will try to get back into this, what I can say for now is that it actually works with the MV older codes, if you implement this separately it probably will work, its just that you can't playtest with it on that MV version.

Any update on being able to use evals for rules?
Well not quite, I had a little trouble doing that hahah, but I might have a solution if it does work for you.
Download the script again from itch.

On the lines 611 through 618 on you have the rules definitions, you can simply swap for example.

this.plusRule = JSON.parse(this.enemy_configuration[$dataTripleTriad.enemy_id])['Plus'] == "true" ? true : false;

for

this.plusRule = $gameSwitches.value(switchId);

RagBoy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can be wrong, but I do believe there is a generator for triple triad cards, I have seen it somewhere, that would completely help in the effort to create the images. Yeah I wanted to make the easiest way possible to configure :(, but if there is this generator then it would already do my hard work hahah.

Thanks friend :D!

Yeah I was working on that, ugh so many bugs occurred :(. I will try to get back into this, what I can say for now is that it actually works with the MV older codes, if you implement this separately it probably will work, its just that you can't playtest with it on that MV version.

Well not quite, I had a little trouble doing that hahah, but I might have a solution if it does work for you.
Download the script again from itch.

On the lines 611 through 618 on you have the rules definitions, you can simply swap for example.

this.plusRule = JSON.parse(this.enemy_configuration[$dataTripleTriad.enemy_id])['Plus'] == "true" ? true : false;

for

this.plusRule = $gameSwitches.value(switchId);

Hello,
Nice plugin man, thanks for share, it work perfectly, i only was found a bug, the script command tripleTriadRemoveCard(2), don't work, the npc never remove you the card, if u can fix this plis, it should be nice for quests that u can change a card for any item.
Sorry my bad english.

Last edited:

sebbbl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

How about boosters and card shop add-ons ?

Nice job 'til now anyway !

Xyonel

Indie Developer, All-in-one artist.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the plugin got a problem!, some coordinates gone wrong by itself and now the game isn't centered anymore, someone can help?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the plugin got a problem!, some coordinates gone wrong by itself and now the game isn't centered anymore, someone can help?
I'll try to help, I think I need to update with that little fix on the cards in the album right? Are there any other issues?

Booster Packs would be great.
Oh, I'm not sure I will do that in a short period :(, even though it shouldn't be that hard for someone to make an add-on for it.

Xyonel

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I solved by centering and modifying the script, now I'm working on a "favorite" album version instead standard one.
the standard album is only used as favorite card deck before battle.

JamesCook

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fantastic plugin, thank you so much!!

Just one question!

I know there are already win conditions programmed in, but how can I make it so that the event causes something different to happen whether the player wins or loses?
For instance, I might want to have it GAMEOVER or display different dialog if the player loses, or maybe have the player win a specific card for beating that specific NPC

I'm kind of a noob so there's a chance there's already a script code for that somewhere that I'm missing, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fantastic plugin, thank you so much!!

Just one question!

I know there are already win conditions programmed in, but how can I make it so that the event causes something different to happen whether the player wins or loses?
For instance, I might want to have it GAMEOVER or display different dialog if the player loses, or maybe have the player win a specific card for beating that specific NPC

I'm kind of a noob so there's a chance there's already a script code for that somewhere that I'm missing, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it
Yep there is :)

tripleTriadCheckLastScore() holds the last score, you can use variable options and put a variable equals to this script call : tripleTriadCheckLastScore().
the score is greater than 5 you won, if equals 5 its a tie, below that you lost, and from there you can make your event as you wish.

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So you're 100% sure this is compatible with version 1.5.2 despite the crash issues? also how am I supposed to set up proper events for this if i can't test it to make sure it runs properly? I really wish you would release a 1.5.2 compatible version. :(

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
UPDATE! I just deployed this game under version 1.5.2 and it gave me the same error it did during playtest which means this is NOT compatble with version 1.5.2.

PLEASE RELEASE A 1.5.2 COMPATIBLE VERSION!

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you're 100% sure this is compatible with version 1.5.2 despite the crash issues? also how am I supposed to set up proper events for this if i can't test it to make sure it runs properly? I really wish you would release a 1.5.2 compatible version. :(
It isn't compatible with 1.5.2 because of the JS version, I was working on it, but since I had so many things to do I put it aside :(, if I do release a compatible version I will surely announce here.

Xyonel

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Raizen how about "favorite album" I suggest in pm? I really need so much this function and I think it's not difficult to end what I started ,I sent images to show you my different album, even some suggestion to make it complete would be useful, thanks

DMJohn0X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why do people insist on using older versions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kitchen counters! I am on my second version of counters. It is slow going and I always see little details that could be done better. Have to force myself to say that's good enough for now and continue on.
I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohannBecker