Triple Triad Card Game

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Raizen, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Raizen

Raizen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well you can find it here: https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VIII/Cards
    You can search for Triple Triad rules on the web, FFXIV has more rules than FFVIII, so usually try to find FFVIII which is were I based most rules. :)

I think I got it hahah, thanks! Looks like RMMV evolved a lot through the years xD. I'll see at least for 1.5 if I can make it work, for versions below I'll not even bother, ty for the tips!

keizz likes this.
  2. ave36

ave36 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The simplest version of the rules is the following: cards have numbers. You put them on a three by three grid, so the numbers face each other. The card with a greater number facing a card with a lesser number captures that card. Each card has four numbers, one for each side. So there are cards with strong sides and weak sides. Capturing cards is the goal of the game, it allows you to score points.

This is the bare-bones game. There is a lot of optional rules making it more complex and interesting. Rules usually vary from in-game region to region.

keizz likes this.
  3. joepmeloen

joepmeloen Villager Member

First Language:
    Deutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Its great to hear you are working on this plugin again. I'm not going to use it in my project but maybe in the near future, because Triple triad is still my favorite cardgame to play as a mini game.

Just my two cents:
    Maybe its an idea to have the cards template / atrribute / random points / blue , red side, created by the plugin, so the dev only needs to add a image and the plugin creates a card out of it.
    This way there would be more dynamics between the cards which also speeds up card creating, you just need an image of monster x. Amd the plugin creates the background blue / red and shows the attributes on the cards which is given through the plugin options to randomize power 1-3 gives the points between 1-3.

4. BCj

BCj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I loved this plugin for VX Ace. Great to see it back.

5. deathsia

deathsia Pegisister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Any update on getting the 1.5.2 version out? I'd love it if you could manage this since 90% of my plugins can't run above 1.5.2. :)

6. ave36

ave36 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Any update on being able to use evals for rules?

7. Raizen

Raizen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can be wrong, but I do believe there is a generator for triple triad cards, I have seen it somewhere, that would completely help in the effort to create the images. Yeah I wanted to make the easiest way possible to configure :(, but if there is this generator then it would already do my hard work hahah.

Thanks friend :D!

Yeah I was working on that, ugh so many bugs occurred :(. I will try to get back into this, what I can say for now is that it actually works with the MV older codes, if you implement this separately it probably will work, its just that you can't playtest with it on that MV version.

Well not quite, I had a little trouble doing that hahah, but I might have a solution if it does work for you.
    Download the script again from itch.

On the lines 611 through 618 on you have the rules definitions, you can simply swap for example.

this.plusRule = JSON.parse(this.enemy_configuration[$dataTripleTriad.enemy_id])['Plus'] == "true" ? true : false;

for

this.plusRule = $gameSwitches.value(switchId);

Powerise likes this.
  8. RagBoy

RagBoy Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Hello,
    Nice plugin man, thanks for share, it work perfectly, i only was found a bug, the script command tripleTriadRemoveCard(2), don't work, the npc never remove you the card, if u can fix this plis, it should be nice for quests that u can change a card for any item.
    Sorry my bad english.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  9. sebbbl

sebbbl Villager Member

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

How about boosters and card shop add-ons ?

Nice job 'til now anyway !

10. Xyonel

Xyonel Indie Dev, Designer and Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the plugin got a problem!, some coordinates gone wrong by itself and now the game isn't centered anymore, someone can help?

11. DMJohn0X

DMJohn0X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Booster Packs would be great.

SoSickGames likes this.