Triple Triad Card Game

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
oh, it wasn't that deployed it worked, but instead when I used the browser to test it worked. Even if you use 1.5.2 and update the nw.js version of your game, https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...upgrade-nwjs-and-chromium-67-68-64bits.96908/
It should work, also after you deploy it.

But you are not wrong, the best was if I made it also work for 1.5.2 and under, but since when I worked on it, I was using ES6 terms, it got that issue of only working for 1.6 and up. I will try to get some time to still work on this, I was doing it, but it was taking way too much time for me to fix it, do you mind trying the suggestion above maybe?
That has an almost guaranteed chance of bricking my game as the nw.js version is tied to the current version of MV you are using. It even says in the OP of the thread, version 1.6 or greater.

Your plugin may work fine by doing this but the rest of my plugins will break and cause crashing with one random error after another with no solution in sight.

falken14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh nice. I love the triple triad game mechanics!

But can this plugin even be used in a commercial release?
On the first post:
Is this plugin ok for commercial use?
Yes commercially and non-commercially, I only ask if possible to credit me for the plugin :)
Now, if you mean whether Triple Triad IP can be used in commercial games, that's a different question and much harder to answer correctly. You'd have to ask Square-Enix.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can, mechanics can't be copyrighted (I am 100% sure, so don't worry, no need to even ask Square-Enix), I won't post a game here, but there is an exactly copy of the triple triad mechanics on the Steam. What you might not be able to do is call it Triple Triad, probably still okay, but that is the only issue you can have if not using music/art/original code from the game (which isn't the case also :D ). If IP means what I said, sorry because I don't know what IP refers to haha

So no worries o/, that's why I didn't even mention it on the original post.

@deathsia: I'll try to see it out friend, but the last time it was being such a hard job to convert it :(

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can, mechanics can't be copyrighted (I am 100% sure, so don't worry, no need to even ask Square-Enix), I won't post a game here, but there is an exactly copy of the triple triad mechanics on the Steam. What you might not be able to do is call it Triple Triad, probably still okay, but that is the only issue you can have if not using music/art/original code from the game (which isn't the case also :D ). If IP means what I said, sorry because I don't know what IP refers to haha

So no worries o/, that's why I didn't even mention it on the original post.

@deathsia: I'll try to see it out friend, but the last time it was being such a hard job to convert it :(
If its too hard for you to downgrade to 1.5.2 I'll look into getting @Gamefall Team to work on it. They've made plugins for me in the past but I'd rather not have to pay out for this if i can help it. ^^;

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FIXED! Thank you.

Last edited:

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have some question, is it possible to enable mouse click on pick one card winning condition? it looks like it is disabled by default. I'm using the plugin for mobile game and it's full touch screen. So I cannot pick the card on pick one card winning condition when playing on mobile.
I also don't want to put on screen button in the game.

Last edited:

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I've decided to experiment on making a full card game with this plugin and there's some extra feature I need and I won't mind for commissioning a scripter.(I will open a new thread at the classified forum) Here they are:
1.Add a clickable menu/quit button when the match is in progress, so the player can surrender anytime and quit the match.
2.Make the "Pick one Card winning condition" can be clicked and selected with mouse.(Currently can only be used with keyboard)
3.Make a new winning condition where the dev can pick a random set of card to be given to the player via eventing when winning a match.
(Can be achieved currently but the opponent card will be bugged and not randomized if the winning scene is skipped with SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map) on line 1969
4.Able to change the playing card board background image via eventing/plugin command
I've tried reaching @Raizen but I think he's busy and didn't get a response.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You tried? sorry I didn't get anything haha, ah it was on facebook right? I think I forgot to answer :( .
I think those are easy to do, I can probably work on those edits, I would ask if maybe you don't mind sharing the project with me so I can work on them better, or at least with the current state after your configurations.

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You tried? sorry I didn't get anything haha, ah it was on facebook right? I think I forgot to answer :( .
I think those are easy to do, I can probably work on those edits, I would ask if maybe you don't mind sharing the project with me so I can work on them better, or at least with the current state after your configurations.
That is fine, I thought you’re too busy to reply.
That would be amazing. I will update the project on google drive and give you the link, is that ok? obviously the project is not finished yet.
I don’t mind paying for these additional features, if you want to charge for it.

UPDATE:
I have uploaded the link and send the link to you via PM.
Note:There might be audio files I accidentally deleted so it's finding for missing audio files sometime.
I've also edited some part of the plugins with code from @falken14 to fix the album position for 1280x720p Resolution, and skipped winning condition with SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map) because I don't want the player to get or lost card too easily.

Last edited:

Destra47

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to expand the board to be 4x4 or higher instead of 3x3?
Ultimately I kinda wanna see if I can change it to work via hexagonal cards, but step one is expanding the grid if possible.

I tried expanding the create_board_map function to be 16 values instead of the default 9, but once I select a card it just locks up.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'd missed one column when modifying all the values. Seems to be working so far. The AI isn't aware of the extra spaces and the flip animation plays weird. But it's progress.

EDIT 2: I figured out how to expand it and set it against a hex grid. I think I've made so many changes now any update to the original script would just break everything. :V

Now to figure out how to have items run the script command to add cards upon being consumed. That way I can buy them in shops or they can drop from enemies.

Last edited:

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh nice work! I mean I didn't see it, but I guess you did a nice job on that part xD.
I think that part is just a script call, I didn't have that much JS experience when I build this plugin, so some things are not the best way they should be, but you can add add that call to items and enemy drops and it should work fine. If you need any help I can give, just ask o/

Destra47

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used this to call the script when you consume an item. Works perfectly. Saves having to do the work of making a special store or any of that. Just whack the line in the item note and you have items that work like redemption tickets.

It's ugly, but as a proof of concept it works.
Got stuck for ages trying to calculate co-ordinates as I was using an offset columns style grid. Found it was easiest to just have two different checks depending on whether the column you're in is odd or even. Very duct-tape solution, but it works.

One question I have. In the Game_TripleTriad() method there's a line:
this.board_state = [[0, 1, 8], [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9]];
I'm not quite sure what that's setting up. In create_board_map it immediately gets overwritten with a different array filled with -1 to set them as blank squares.

Thanks so much for this plugin. There's no way I'd have the time or knowledge to do this sort of thing if I had to make the entire card-game from scratch.

Bit By Bit Sound

Lvl 32 Bardbarian
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, I may be late to this thread but I just wanted to say...this may be one of the best plugins for RPG Maker ever. I love Triple Triad so much.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's really fun, and the settings are not that complicated. Thank you for such a great plugin! The best little game!

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to maybe make things slightly bigger?
oh I forgot to comment on the MV version.
So I will come back to adjust the Triple triad for both versions, I hope I can give you all a better time at fixing the resolutions :). In any time soon I will come back to this!

It's really fun, and the settings are not that complicated. Thank you for such a great plugin! The best little game!
Thanks friend!
Ok, I may be late to this thread but I just wanted to say...this may be one of the best plugins for RPG Maker ever. I love Triple Triad so much.
I also love it so much haha, I hope the next versions look better if I can keep on working in this o/

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doesn’t it seem to support keyboard and handle operation?
I have some tips. You can add animation effects when dragging cards and flipping the opponent's cards. If you can customize the number of grids in the future, such as 4X4, 5X5, etc., it will be great!
3X3 is too fast to be fascinated, haha!
The best hope is to have combat effects. Of course, that is already another game mechanic. . .
Add the surrender function, because people may not be able to finish the normal game.
Add some variable calculation parameters, such as how many points you will get when you win a game, we can use these to do a lot of things!
Really great plug-in, keep up the excellent creation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tp0000