Triple Triad Hi Res

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Red Metal, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Red Metal

Red Metal Metal Head Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Alright, so after searching for long lost .dll files and so called custom resolution scripts I find myself in too many virus infested dead end backstreets or I keep hitting the legal barrier. Seems like a lost cause. I really don't mind using the original resolution, I just need to find a way to show the cards up close for writing that appears on the artwork and show of detail as i am designing the art myself.
    I am starting to lean heavily towards a card viewing system. I am going to have a mess about with it and see what I think, I doubt I'll succeed because I don't know scripting but I'm not too dumb so logic might show me how it's possible. It has to be possible. The RPG Maker editor definitely has the ability to show images by using common events. Urgh, should be simple.

2. Jaiden

Jaiden RMXP Fiend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    The assembly hack that KK20 posted is the custom resolution script. You place it above main just as you would with any other script. RGSS301.DLL comes with RPG Maker VX Ace. Legally, you can't use it without owning a copy of RMVXA anyway. If you do own VXA, then you probably need to update it.

Create a new project in VXA and look in the "System" folder. You will find RGSS301.DLL there. Otherwise, no one here can really help you unless you own it.

3. Red Metal

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok MAJOR breakthrough...
    Thanks to you lot I've figured it out now. Yes it seems I was using some dated version. I bought it myself and now i get 301 files instead of 300 and the assembly hack KK20 has provided is working to any resolution I choose... I will contain my explosive exitement, this has been a frustration of mine for too long. Now I can start my new project!
    So as I expected the only thing that needs changing in my scripts now is for graphic displays of the triad stuff. I think i can handle that. And as for the viewing system, I thought I might create seperate artwork versions of the cards, kinda like posters and have a trader sell all the artwork. But now I get to increase the size of my images for the card game also/anyway.
    Thank you all soo so very much. Without your help this project would end up scrapped. Thank you Jaiden and Roninator2 for the final push to me figuring this.

4. KK20

KK20 Just some XP Scripter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Because of the new resolution size, it breaks some of the core fundamentals. You'll probably need to use Unlimited Resolution to remedy some of those issues (note the assembly code is in this script too, so replace it with the one I provided). Here's the development thread for reference.

Jaiden likes this.
  5. Red Metal

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks KK20, yeah turns out I did need that fix. Much smoother now.

Following my recent success at a fully working HD prototype I have since expanded my project with a few new ideas. I will be running a Triple Triad style game but a bit more evolved, I'm quite exited...
    Again, I can't thank you guys enough... Without your help I would not be doing this.
    But my new theories mean I've run up against a couple of changes I need that I just can't seem to figure out.

Task 1: I need to add multiple elements to cards.
    I've looked into this and it's not so simple as just adding the extra numbers in the script. Without the proper experience, I'm just not sure I can figure this one alone. Should'nt be too hard I guess.

Task 2: Remove "Decrease" stat.
    When I place a card on an element is does not belong to it's stats get decreased. I guess this is the typical setting for this game but I would like to remove it. So when an elemental card is placed on it's element it's stats go up but if placed on another element, nothing would happen. Since there is an existing template for a "Malus" element (A field that decreases stats), I've decided to make use of elements like that instead.

I have looked through the scripts multiple times, changed values and whatnot and tested over and over. I've made some impressive mistakes by the way. Any help with these two changes would be greatly appreciated and would save me a lot of banging my head!

Thanks dudes.

Edit:
    I have succeeded in Task 2 by trial and error and removing segments of the code. So now it seems the negative modifier has been removed as well as the "ElementDec_Img". I should still be able to create "Malus" field types so I can still get negative effects in gameplay. Positive effects are still intact.
    !!!
    Awesome!

Going to continue looking for a solution to Task 1 as well as other "breaking my game" endeavors. On a side note; I've noticed old unfinished scripts like condition of cards, upgrading cards and family or set types. Would be cool if someone ever got around to succeeding in those. Or a way to track individual card uses, wins etc.
    I am trying to add as much detail to the card game as possible so if there are other evolutions of these scripts or adaptations people have made that I could have missed, I would love to take a look and incorporate new ideas and abilities into my project.

Multiple minds work better than one...

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  6. Red Metal

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok so this is where I'm up to in creating multiple elements on a card;

Initially I tried changing settings in the "TT_Settings_Cards" script. Here is a card script;

Card[1] = {
    # Configure each atribute of the card according to the direction.
    # ONLY NUMBERS, if it is an A card, put 10.
    'UP' => 2,
    'LEFT' => 1,
    'RIGHT' => 3,
    'DOWN' => 2,
    # Configure the basic settings for the card
    'Price' => 5, # Rank 1 Price tag
    'Element' => 2,
    'Family' => 0,
    'Special' => 0,
    'Grade' => 0,
    'Name' => "Bat", # Put the name of the card between ""
    'Rarity' => 2, # So you can create card boosters or other systems
    'Image' => "Bat", # Name of image for player 1.
    'Description' => ["This is a Bat card.",
    "It could suck your blood if it wasn't a card only!"]

Ok so I tried simply putting
    'Element' => 2, 3,
    or something like that, even tried 2, +3 and other methods to see if there is a way of adding on this line. Unlike others areas, I can't seem to get this to work as I think it's trying to seach for a specific singular ID. Reminder, I don't know what I'm talking about here...
    So I tried changing values in other areas, lol, broke my game again a few times (It loves it!) and stumbled across this area of the "TT_Script_Triple_Triad" script;

if Input.trigger?:)C)
    unless @board[@board_y][@board_x]
    Sound.play_ok
    @identify = @player_pics[@index].y
    move_to_cursor(@player_pics[@index].x + Cursor_x, @player_pics[@index].y + Cursor_y)
    @phase = 5
    move_to_board(Board_Map[@board_y][@board_x][0], Board_Map[@board_y][@board_x][1], @index, true)
    ele = Card[@player_hand[@index]]['Element'] ##HERE I THINK##
    up = Card[@player_hand[@index]]['UP']
    down = Card[@player_hand[@index]]['DOWN']
    left = Card[@player_hand[@index]]['LEFT']
    right = Card[@player_hand[@index]]['RIGHT']
    if @battle_info[11]
    if @field_data[@board_y][@board_x] != 0 && ele != 0
    if @field_data[@board_y][@board_x] == ele || Config_Triple_Triad::Elements[@field_data[@board_y][@board_x]]['AffectAll'] == true
    up += Config_Triple_Triad::Elements[@field_data[@board_y][@board_x]]['Modifier']
    down += Config_Triple_Triad::Elements[@field_data[@board_y][@board_x]]['Modifier']
    left += Config_Triple_Triad::Elements[@field_data[@board_y][@board_x]]['Modifier']
    right += Config_Triple_Triad::Elements[@field_data[@board_y][@board_x]]['Modifier']
    @field_icon[@board_y][@board_x] = Sprite.new
    if Config_Triple_Triad::Elements[@field_data[@board_y][@board_x]]['Modifier'] > 0
    @field_icon[@board_y][@board_x].bitmap = Cache.triple_triad(Config_Triple_Triad::ElementInc_Img)
    elsif Config_Triple_Triad::Elements[@field_data[@board_y][@board_x]]['Modifier'] < 0
    @field_icon[@board_y][@board_x].bitmap = Cache.triple_triad(Config_Triple_Triad::ElementDec_Img)
    end
    @field_icon[@board_y][@board_x].x = Board_Map[@board_y][@board_x][0] + Field_Offset_X
    @field_icon[@board_y][@board_x].y = Board_Map[@board_y][@board_x][1] + Field_Offset_Y
    @field_icon[@board_y][@board_x].z = 50000
    @field_icon[@board_y][@board_x].ox = @field_icon[@board_y][@board_x].bitmap.width/2
    @field_icon[@board_y][@board_x].oy = @field_icon[@board_y][@board_x].bitmap.height/2
    else
    up == Config_Triple_Triad::Elements[@field_data[@board_y][@board_x]]['Modifier']
    down == Config_Triple_Triad::Elements[@field_data[@board_y][@board_x]]['Modifier']
    left == Config_Triple_Triad::Elements[@field_data[@board_y][@board_x]]['Modifier']
    right == Config_Triple_Triad::Elements[@field_data[@board_y][@board_x]]['Modifier']
    end
    end
    end

Now, i've wrecked this part up a bit because I taken out the section to decrease values but it seems to still work fine.
    the "ele = Card[@player_hand[@index]]['Element']" line I think is the card element ID? So I tried things like;
    "ele = Card[@player_hand[@index]]['Element, Element2'] (and adding Element2 to card script)

Without the knowledge Im baffled here as it seems I need a way to get it to look for multiple IDs instead of one. I just don't know how to do that. Surely, another easy fix?