Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Triple Triad

Introduction
This is the Triple Triad Plugin for MZ!,
For those who never played, here is a big chance, it puts the card game in your project as a side mini-game, really addictive, and thanks a lot for square for the marvelous mini-game x).

Features
- Artificial Inteligence
- Card Album
- Aftermatch Scene

-Add-ons:
Booster Packs

Portuguese user? Access the portuguese script here

Screenshots and videos

How to Use
Check the demo out for how to use this plugin!

Plugin
Always get the most updated code here:

Demo: (I will try to keep it as most updated as I can, new demo will be coming out soon!)
https://raizen884.itch.io/triple-triad-for-rpg-maker-mz

FAQ
Will there be future add-ons for the script?
Yes
Is this plugin ok for commercial use?
Yes commercially and non-commercially, I only ask if possible to credit me for the plugin :)

Credit and Thanks
- Raizen for the script
- Design if used by Raizen
- images are RM MV and MZ RTP (Kadokawa) or commercial free-use if you own both engines.

And of course, Square for Final Fantasy 8 and everything needed for the game mechanics

Last edited:

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks awesome!

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Raizen, the link you provided to us link to MV plugin for trirad cards. I am not sure maybe MV and MZ works with same code. "Triple Triad RPG Maker MV Plugin."

Thank you so much for your time. When I awake up, I hope the 3 more plugins will appear.

Last edited:

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks awesome!
Thanks Friend!

@Raizen, the link you provided to us link to MV plugin for trirad cards. I am not sure maybe MV and MZ works with same code. "Triple Triad RPG Maker MV Plugin."

Thank you so much for your time. Wow, do you watch 24 hours for the coding lol.

Actually they didn't haha, Its because I copied the template from the Triple Triad I posted on MV, I'm fixing the link thanks.

Nice job!
Thanks friend :)

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the FF8 mini game, I will definitely use it in my game! Of course it’s MV, haha

PunyMagus

The Lazy
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's really cool, thanks for sharing

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow, such a complex plugin the day after release. Good job!

Yuudai

Burritoman!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Wow never thought you would release it for MZ!
Thank you for that! But...
There will be a booster and Card Shop add-on later on!! (This time there will really be haha)
You better not lie to me :kaomad3:

anyway keep up the good work!

DMJohn0X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A couple issues in the demo. The card album doesnt exist it seems? It gives me a blank nameless item that cannot be used... and then the flying monster to the left results in a frozen game as he tries to push an unknown scene.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the FF8 mini game, I will definitely use it in my game! Of course it’s MV, haha
Thanks friend!

That's really cool, thanks for sharing
thanks o/

Wow never thought you would release it for MZ!
Thank you for that! But...

You better not lie to me :kaomad3:

anyway keep up the good work!
This, this time I am not lying hahah. Ty

Wow, such a complex plugin the day after release. Good job!
I ported from MV, it had some tweeks to do, but that's the only reason it got out fast \o/

A couple issues in the demo. The card album doesnt exist it seems? It gives me a blank nameless item that cannot be used... and then the flying monster to the left results in a frozen game as he tries to push an unknown scene.
Sorry for the issues friend, I accidentally uploaded the wrong demo, this one was before the rmmz release when I was working with the demo projects, I uploaded the correct version now o/. The only thing that really changed was the demo, the plugin was already updated. Thanks for letting me know!

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will there be 1280x720 resolution setting this time for the album?

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great Job on the plugin; thank you so much for sharing this with the community. Been messing around with a 1280x720 version of it; so much fun!

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will there be 1280x720 resolution setting this time for the album?
Yes, I will go back to work on those issues very soon, sorry for the problems on the MV version, both will be corrected with the added support.

Great Job on the plugin; thank you so much for sharing this with the community. Been messing around with a 1280x720 version of it; so much fun!
\o/, Happy this was useful for you!

Erebus

The Darkness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is really good! I didn't have time to play with it a lot but a couple of quick questions. Is there a way to come back out of the card album? Like back to the previous menu? Is there a way to increase the total number of cards? How do you change the rule set that is being used? Like instead of direct I would like to be able to choose one or all etc.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is really good! I didn't have time to play with it a lot but a couple of quick questions. Is there a way to come back out of the card album? Like back to the previous menu? Is there a way to increase the total number of cards? How do you change the rule set that is being used? Like instead of direct I would like to be able to choose one or all etc.
Oh, I am so sorry to take this long to answer, I didn't notice someone had a question.

Is there a way to come back out of the card album?
There is now on the new version :ysrs:

Is there a way to increase the total number of cards?
A maximum number on the same duel? like having 7 cards instead of 5? that part no :(, I followed how the original was working.

How do you change the rule set that is being used?
you can configure different parameters for each enemy, so you can choose the rules when you create each enemy :)

Like instead of direct I would like to be able to choose one or all etc.
Same as above, on the enemy parameters you configure what type of "win" you are going to get on the end.

________________________________________________________________________________

I think this type of plugin really needs more attention from me, so I have been reworking some stuff to make it both easier for you guys to use, and also add some things that should always have been there.

You can always get the most updated version here :
For this current version I added the Plugin Commands, easier to add/remove/call album/start duels

I've added support to position everything on the album, so it should be way easier to put this in HD, full HD and stuff like that.

I also added 2 buttons in the album, which are for returning to the scene without having to remove cards and also a Duel button.

For the next versions I will be making a Shop Scene, Booster opening, and try to improve the current Triple Triad version with things you all suggest me :ywink:

Erebus

The Darkness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
With the amount of cards I meant like the deck you choose from, could it work like ff8, where you win them from other players and build up a larger deck?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With the amount of cards I meant like the deck you choose from, could it work like ff8, where you win them from other players and build up a larger deck?
Ah, that for sure! You can have 10000 cards if you manage to get them all :ywink:

shinigamidelta

The Great and Powerful
Reaction score
First Language
eng
Primarily Uses
This plugin and demo is awesome. I've already made 250 cards.

I was wondering if there will be a way to add weaknesses to the cards with the 8 elements, so that the player just dont use the most powerful cards and will have to manage different sets depending on whom their fighting.

if 1 > 2 and 2 > 3 all the way up to 6 < 1 but then 7 >< 8 for light and dark. It doesn't have to change the card design or anything, I'll just throw a little element markers in the middle of the cards power.

but I don't know if the weakness multiplier should be x 2, that seems a little to much of a advantage maybe + 2.

If this is something possible for the future let me know, then i'll start re-editing the cards for the future, but if not then one less thing to worry about ^^.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Typically you would just make the opponent they are facing use a different ruleset and that would force them to not use the most powerful cards because you would need to have a more tactical approach to win.

The plugin allows for a few different modifiers and those go a long way in making the player go about their decks differently.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it
Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmatmoney