Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin and demo is awesome. I've already made 250 cards.

I was wondering if there will be a way to add weaknesses to the cards with the 8 elements, so that the player just dont use the most powerful cards and will have to manage different sets depending on whom their fighting.

if 1 > 2 and 2 > 3 all the way up to 6 < 1 but then 7 >< 8 for light and dark. It doesn't have to change the card design or anything, I'll just throw a little element markers in the middle of the cards power.

but I don't know if the weakness multiplier should be x 2, that seems a little to much of a advantage maybe + 2.

If this is something possible for the future let me know, then i'll start re-editing the cards for the future, but if not then one less thing to worry about ^^.
Ok I think I got it, my problem would be that the AI would also need to be adjusted, or else it would be pretty easy D:.

I'll see if its an easy edit, if it is, I'll see if I can do it, but right now the answer would be maybe trying to see if someone can make that edit for you :ysad:

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It appears that mouse controls for the minigame don't work. I notice they do work in your MV version, were you aware of that?

Galahad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Awesome. Was hoping there would be an MZ version of this!

PurpleXCompleX

Moon Rabbit
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much for making this plugin and working on the add-ons.

A small issue i have had encountered is that the card previews in the deck building scene stack on top of each other, easily visible with transparent images.

I also didnt know you were also the same person who made the Triple Triad script for VX Ace.
I think very extensive add-on Plugins had been made for that by others over time, like a very improved deck and card album windows or an elemental system for cards and board tiles.

But take all the time you need.
You are likely very busy with your own game project which I wish you the best of luck for!

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @Raizen

I want to say that I really love this plugin. Wanted to ask something.

Would you mind releasing blank images of the cards, IE just the frame with the colors, no character images, so I can make my own? Maybe even a photoshop file with layers of the frame and border if I'm lucky, ha!

I love that you can conditional check using variables to see if you won or lost the battle. That's super cool!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I love what you've done here!

Last edited:

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would you mind releasing blank images of the cards, IE just the frame with the colors, no character images, so I can make my own? Maybe even a photoshop file with layers of the frame and border if I'm lucky, ha!
I would second this request xD

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've uploaded a card maker with a lot of basic images and layout already setup. feel free to use.

Arctica

The Arbiter of Time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This plugin and demo is awesome. I've already made 250 cards.

I was wondering if there will be a way to add weaknesses to the cards with the 8 elements, so that the player just dont use the most powerful cards and will have to manage different sets depending on whom their fighting.

if 1 > 2 and 2 > 3 all the way up to 6 < 1 but then 7 >< 8 for light and dark. It doesn't have to change the card design or anything, I'll just throw a little element markers in the middle of the cards power.

but I don't know if the weakness multiplier should be x 2, that seems a little to much of a advantage maybe + 2.

If this is something possible for the future let me know, then i'll start re-editing the cards for the future, but if not then one less thing to worry about ^^.
Cannot go wrong with the Random rule, and direct. If you don't remember direct, it's when a card that is turned become that winner's card, so even if they lost the game, they walk away with new cards. Also sudden death where cards turned are swapped between players when a draw occurs and the swapping keeps happening until there's a winner. Strong decks mostly rely on corner strategy and same and plus can acts as inhibitors to that strategy as well.

chriki

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
hey, I love this and the way it works! But Indo have problems. I created new cards and added them in the card list. The parameters are the same as your cards and it ist the same file type. But when I am about to build a deck for the duel the RPG Maker MZ says unexpected syntax error or error with input. It happens when the mouse gets on my new cards like when it should be shown by detail. Only one of my cards work without problems…

But for some reason my main character got this card from the beginning without any commands or events that give them to him.

i am very desperate.. why doesn’t the game „accept“ my cards?

Maybe you could help me?

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
hey, I love this and the way it works! But Indo have problems. I created new cards and added them in the card list. The parameters are the same as your cards and it ist the same file type. But when I am about to build a deck for the duel the RPG Maker MZ says unexpected syntax error or error with input. It happens when the mouse gets on my new cards like when it should be shown by detail. Only one of my cards work without problems…

But for some reason my main character got this card from the beginning without any commands or events that give them to him.

i am very desperate.. why doesn’t the game „accept“ my cards?

Maybe you could help me?
Are you refering to the album scene?
Can you show some screenshots of the plugin where you created cards and the scene where error occurs.
Also, have you started fresh, or copied events from the demo?

chriki

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for your reply!
I added some screenshots. As you can see in pic 1 my created card "Garuda" works without any errors. pic 4 shows the stats. But when the coursor is about to get on the "Pilz" name in the card list before duel the error occurs (pic 2). pic 5 shows the "pilz" stats. The same happened to all other cards I created except "Garuda". I deleted my cards beside those two to find out what happened but did not find a solution.

I do not know what you mean with "album scene". I added my cards in the card list (pic 3). Did you meant that?

What do you mean by fresh events? I copied the demo I found on itch.io. The creator said this is the updated version. Not sure if it really is. Maybe I missed one update or whatever.
I just copied the whole demo and used it as the base for my game to test everything. Is this what you asked?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 5

Sydaroa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for your reply!
I added some screenshots. As you can see in pic 1 my created card "Garuda" works without any errors. pic 4 shows the stats. But when the coursor is about to get on the "Pilz" name in the card list before duel the error occurs (pic 2). pic 5 shows the "pilz" stats. The same happened to all other cards I created except "Garuda". I deleted my cards beside those two to find out what happened but did not find a solution.

I do not know what you mean with "album scene". I added my cards in the card list (pic 3). Did you meant that?

What do you mean by fresh events? I copied the demo I found on itch.io. The creator said this is the updated version. Not sure if it really is. Maybe I missed one update or whatever.
I just copied the whole demo and used it as the base for my game to test everything. Is this what you asked?
The card_description can't be empty

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Album Scene is screenshot pic1, it is the scene which takes place to view, build deck, and before battle.
The demo, although says it is updated, actually contains a few errors/incomplete code. I haven't encountered the error you're experiencing.
Have you tried copying only the plugins in a new project?

chriki

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Album Scene is screenshot pic1, it is the scene which takes place to view, build deck, and before battle.
The demo, although says it is updated, actually contains a few errors/incomplete code. I haven't encountered the error you're experiencing.
Have you tried copying only the plugins in a new project?
Not yet. But I will give it a try. Thank you! I will tell you if it works.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
did you add the image of your custom card to the tripletriad folder, btw?

chriki

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
With permission from @Raizen! (thanks!)

Get an updated version here:
Link valid for 30 days from today.
Modified Demo project to get started.
Includes:
-Default MZ project set to 1280 x 720 widescreen.
-Raizen's Triple Triad Plugin
-Raizen's Ignis Booster Pack Plugin

Original: HERE
Itch.io: HERE
Card Maker: HERE
All terms from original still apply.

FAQ
Will there be future add-ons for the script?
Yes
Is this plugin ok for commercial use?
Yes commercially and non-commercially, I only ask if possible to credit me for the plugin :)

Credit and Thanks
- Raizen for the script
- Design if used by Raizen
- images are RM MV and MZ RTP (Kadokawa) or commercial free-use if you own both engines.

And of course, Square for Final Fantasy 8 and everything needed for the game mechanics

Eurritimia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way to change the text color on the album? I tried using \c[x] but it doesn't work...

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
it doe
Is there any way to change the text color on the album? I tried using \c[x] but it doesn't work...

It does work... but you need an upper-case 'C'
\C[x]

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

May I make a suggestion for what language we should use for plugins?

IMG_1177.JPG
Have you opened all the advent calendar's yet? Don't forget to leave @Starbird_Resources and @WaywardMartian some love!
1638376821276.png
LOOK AT EM GOOOOOOOOOO!
Sorry for the spam with this, I'm just real happy with how this has gone :D
Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoomanBBQ