Status
Not open for further replies.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Some sort of tourney system / scoring system could be interesting?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ohh~ This would be great! Though I haven't used the plugin before. I would not mind trying it out for VXAce and see what else to add/improve.

I've always wanted to try making a card collecting/battle game. 

exodus1386

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
not sure if the vxace version had it as i havent played around with it in awhile but what about elemental bonuses. for example a water card played next to fire card the values on the water would be increased by a set amount (possibly even different amounts on rarity or a per card setting)

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My big suggestion is to make a option to have a set type of music play when a player starts a game of TT. I myself wanted the classic FF8 soundtrack to play everytime the game started but struggled to do anything of the sort due to the limitations of the Ace version.

exodus1386

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
not sure if the vxace version had it as i havent played around with it in awhile but what about elemental bonuses. for example a water card played next to fire card the values on the water would be increased by a set amount (possibly even different amounts on rarity or a per card setting)

to add to this game boards with different element spaces could be nice. basically anything that can make the game evolved from the ff8 original is good and adds depth to the game. 

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My big suggestion is to make a option to have a set type of music play when a player starts a game of TT. I myself wanted the classic FF8 soundtrack to play everytime the game started but struggled to do anything of the sort due to the limitations of the Ace version.
Hey xD, sorry I didn't quite get the suggestion, the Ace version lets you choose a soundtrack for each player, so you could import FF8 soundtrack to play on each game, sorry if I didn't catch the idea xD.

to add to this game boards with different element spaces could be nice. basically anything that can make the game evolved from the ff8 original is good and adds depth to the game. 

Well the idea is to add the mechanics unchanged from FF8 TT, new mechanics will be adds to the script in which I or other people can make it also :D, but yeah I'll try to put some new things after I release the main plugin.

exodus1386

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
well you asked for suggestions :)  doesnt mean they have to be added on initial release. Just some things to think about :)  

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey xD, sorry I didn't quite get the suggestion, the Ace version lets you choose a soundtrack for each player, so you could import FF8 soundtrack to play on each game, sorry if I didn't catch the idea xD.

An option for a global music to play instead of manually setting it for each player.

andai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It'll be very interesting to see what kind of AI algorithm you end up writing =)

I've recently played triple triad in FF14, and it had Stars to represent the strength/tier of the card, and the deck building works in such a way that players are only able to have certain amount of high tier cards in each deck. Maybe that's something that might be nice to have to keep the power balance relatively in control.

Really looking forward to it!

skraven

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish/English
Primarily Uses
I hope I can use Triple Triad in my game soon... will be complete amazing. 

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very interested in implementing something like this. I can only imagine what an undertaking this is, but any updates on the current status of this project?

xanax48

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey how's going?  I do own VX Ace, so if you still need testers for your other version I can do that and give feedback. Anything I can do to assist. I know a lot of dev's must be waiting on this plug-in but don't over work yourself. 

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Progress report?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not much :/, I was on vacation so I was on a travel, but I will try to update the progress when I come back :), sorry for the long time

BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
DONT DO IT!

I had everything setup for my MV game and I come across this!!

I was a sucker for your VXAce version, and no doubt will want this in my game, its so addictive.

Why I loved it so much...

Booster packs (every gamer I know is addicted to opening packs/loot boxes that are 'RNG' based to hopefully get that one superawesome thing!)

How it ran very smoothly

Spitballing some ideas here:

Possibly implement a tier system for the cards (Standard, Silver and Gold)

Standard is set amount, if silver one of the 4 areas is +1 and gold all 4 areas are +1

so

Cat Card: Standard (1,2,1,2)

Cat Card Silver can be any of the above with +1 so (1,3,1,2) or (2,2,1,2) ...and so on

Cat Card Gold will be (2,3,2,3)

It basically gives you more cards from each card created, I know this can be created manually but for the card album you could add the tabs in for each card tier.

Just an idea :)

Elements on Cards - elements are just to show examples not to be used accurately

introduce 4 core elements (could go further with light / dark etc)

Fire / Water / Earth / Wind 

Each element has a strength and a weakness

The  Structure

Water > Fire > Wind > Earth > Water

So a Water card placed next to a Fire Card, the Water card would have +1 to any side that touches a Fire Card.

If a Fire Card is placed next to a Water card, the Fire Card loses -1 to all sides touching water.

You could also add in elemental power boards (earth board boosts earth by +1, fire on fire etc) this way you could create elemental specific NPCs that you need to create specific element decks to beat.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViviCJ

Prince of Parties
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Too excited for this plugin! Love all the suggestions! Good luck Raizen!

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Still waiting....

I'm beginning to lose hope that this plugin will even get started at this point due to it being nearly a year or more now since the OP was made...

xanax48

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Still waiting....

I'm beginning to lose hope that this plugin will even get started at this point due to it being nearly a year or more now since the OP was made...
Please don't say things look that. MV has not even been out for a year yet. Review the last post from the creator said they were on vacation and still interested in making it (May 9th). Besides I don't think anyone has offered to pay for the plug-in to be made so it's a gift from Raiden. Let's just be patient and understand that these things are hard work and take a lot of technical knowledge to complete  (as evident that no one else has made it).

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Raizen has contacted me since posting here. They told me they were on vacation and not doing code while traveling (fair enough, right?) They are likely still on hiatus for the moment, but I expect them to return to us before the beginning of August or September, with very positive results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Is the running performance of MZ output to Android platform smoother than MV output?
FINALLY GOT ALL 120 STARS IN SUPER MARIO 64!!!

Ok i got the model New and I will develop a little more, I think my SV is not beautiful yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nortonproductkey