Not open for further replies.

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am extremely sorry everyone, its been a looooong time. I wasn't in a mood to mess with RPG Maker, so I was really out of the maker scene :(.
Anyway, I came back last week, and the first thing I really wanted to do because a lot of people asked me via private messages is the triple triad.
First thing first, the main script is basically finished!! :D
Here is the result right now, it has all the mechanics except the elemental.

What's next to do, I am finishing the A.I, this time I want it to be better than the RMVXAce version I made. Then its more about the complementary scripts which should be way faster to program (Store, Win/Lose Scene....) and the screen mv click to work with mouse and such.
Predictions to be done, probably this weekend :).

Lastly I will include the elementals rule which I am here mostly for xD, I have asked a friend to explain me a bit of how it works, what I need to know is, in FF8 elementals where randomly given to a card right? So any card could theoretically have an element?

Edit: Okay I'm not sure about elementals anymore hahah, I was looking for FFXIV and there it seemed they dropped it, will be thinking about if I actually include it.

Anyway I think the A.I is basically finished, right now the difficulty stands like this:

0(none) - random card positioning
1(easy) - knows how to flip normal cards using lower cards
2(normal) - knows how to flip in other conditions plus/combo
3(normal++) - knows how to count the combo flips
4(hard) - knows how to protect the card
traits for hard (defensive) - uses high cards to be protected early
traits for hard (offensive) - uses low cards first, not protecting them
5(hardest?) - thinking about also taking in consideration your own cards on hand to make the plays, not hard to do, but will feel a little cheating on his part :esrs: (this is actually using the minimax technique)

OH MY GOD! IT LIIIIVES! Whelp, assuming you finish it this time before taking another break this will save me the money of commissioning another guy to remake this! :3

P.S: May want to update your OP with the updates you've made since you made a progress list on the first page. :p

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nah that won't happen because I am really back hahah.
Anyway its also finished already xD, the main script, I am doing the side scripts of Album/card choosing/Store only. I've updated the main thread.
Probably tomorrow I should be posting it on the forum :yhappy:, I do think its looking better and the A.I is harder than the RMVXAce version, so that's a positive point at least hahah

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nah that won't happen because I am really back hahah.
Anyway its also finished already xD, the main script, I am doing the side scripts of Album/card choosing/Store only. I've updated the main thread.
Probably tomorrow I should be posting it on the forum :yhappy:, I do think its looking better and the A.I is harder than the RMVXAce version, so that's a positive point at least hahah
OH! Big time suggestion, give the ability to use custom images for each card and assign stats to each card. I mean you are probably already doing this but just in case. XD

Also, for the love of god, please have making a customized card be user friendly. Something like having it read from a notepad file or an item from within the database. I can't tell you how many times I've went to customize an item in a plugin and its said: "Please use configuration inside the plugin" and I'm looking at the spaghetti stream of code of how to make a single freaking custom item within it!

OH and PS: Please allow us to assign a certain music track for the card game scene. In your VX Ace version, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do that.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OH! Big time suggestion, give the ability to use custom images for each card and assign stats to each card. I mean you are probably already doing this but just in case. XD

Also, for the love of god, please have making a customized card be user friendly. Something like having it read from a notepad file or an item from within the database. I can't tell you how many times I've went to customize an item in a plugin and its said: "Please use configuration inside the plugin" and I'm looking at the spaghetti stream of code of how to make a single freaking custom item within it!

OH and PS: Please allow us to assign a certain music track for the card game scene. In your VX Ace version, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do that.
I didn't do by items or things like that, but I think it should be easy and fast to configure xD, at least when I added new cards and stuff it wasn't taking time.
The Ace version had a music track configuration xD, I hope here it might be easier to do it hahah.

Almost done XD, just putting here a bit of how it looks, you guys can give suggestions :)

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

Please do not omit the Elemental rule. It is pretty simple. The GF cards have the elements that are associated with this GF, i.e. Quezacotl = Thunder, Shiva = Ice. The monster cards have the elements with which the monster attacks, i.e. Geezard can cast Fire = Geezard card is Fire elemental. Glacial Eye casts Blizzard = Glacial Eye card is Ice elemental. It is not random, it is in the card database. Not all cards are elemental, some are non-elemental.

Also, may I know how the rules are handled? Is it a call minigame command that specifies the rules in each particular case, so I have to event the regional rule changes?

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin will be able to be used along side a custom combat system like Yanfly's or Lecode's LeTBS?

I'm assuming its a custom scene and not using the combat engine so hopefully this won't be an issue...^^;

Oh and is this compatible with version 1.5.2?

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Downloaded this and played a little. I was a little disappointed in that each player's rules are set in stone, so I cannot even event rule changes like in FF8. The lack of Random and Elemental rules was also a bit disappointing. But, otherwise, a great plugin! I'll be using it, definitely!

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

Please do not omit the Elemental rule. It is pretty simple. The GF cards have the elements that are associated with this GF, i.e. Quezacotl = Thunder, Shiva = Ice. The monster cards have the elements with which the monster attacks, i.e. Geezard can cast Fire = Geezard card is Fire elemental. Glacial Eye casts Blizzard = Glacial Eye card is Ice elemental. It is not random, it is in the card database. Not all cards are elemental, some are non-elemental.

Also, may I know how the rules are handled? Is it a call minigame command that specifies the rules in each particular case, so I have to event the regional rule changes?
Aaaah I will try to put it on hahah, but the first version I am posting on the forum now, it doesn't have the elementals still, but no worries I am working on some add-ons for the plugin so it should be included if I figure everything out xD.

This plugin will be able to be used along side a custom combat system like Yanfly's or Lecode's LeTBS?

I'm assuming its a custom scene and not using the combat engine so hopefully this won't be an issue...^^;

Oh and is this compatible with version 1.5.2?
Its custom, this should have close to 0% incompatibility with any other scripts, so that is something not to worry about :D. About the versions I have no idea hahah, but it should be with any MV, because almost 99% of the code I actually had to made it, there is like almost no usage from MV core JS, so it should probably work on any MV version.

The plugin is going to be on the JS board at any minute, I had some problems with the images xD, I was using some ripped stuff 'cause I thought it wasn't able to be used in commercial projects since its FF8 mechanics, but I got notified it actually might be so I replaced all image rips for RTP ones and it should be good to go :).

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aaaah I will try to put it on hahah, but the first version I am posting on the forum now, it doesn't have the elementals still, but no worries I am working on some add-ons for the plugin .
Thanks. Could you please provide a way to input game rules from variables? I tried putting $gameSwitches.value(10) and parseBoolean($gameSwitches.value(10)) into enemy creation data where the bits for Same, Plus etc should be, with no result.

DMJohn0X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Aaaah I will try to put it on hahah, but the first version I am posting on the forum now, it doesn't have the elementals still, but no worries I am working on some add-ons for the plugin so it should be included if I figure everything out xD.

Its custom, this should have close to 0% incompatibility with any other scripts, so that is something not to worry about :D. About the versions I have no idea hahah, but it should be with any MV, because almost 99% of the code I actually had to made it, there is like almost no usage from MV core JS, so it should probably work on any MV version.

The plugin is going to be on the JS board at any minute, I had some problems with the images xD, I was using some ripped stuff 'cause I thought it wasn't able to be used in commercial projects since its FF8 mechanics, but I got notified it actually might be so I replaced all image rips for RTP ones and it should be good to go :).

So, did this proj die again?

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
I hope this one continue to be develop to a fully pluging for rpg maker mv its definatetly somethign great to have in any game.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Closed at OP's request.

The Plugin has been completed. The link to it can be found in the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Good morning. Please introduce caffeine in the proper slot. Not sufficient caffeine, add more. Add more. Continue until you hear a sound signal. Please continue. Insufficient caffeine. Increase the quantity of SRW music. Add caffeine.
I have to fix a little more.
Or maybe a lot. Yeah, I need to make the characters look a little bit more fit in some poses.
There once was a man whose name was my own
Who tried to make games for console and phone
But after ten years
Some blood sweat and tears
Weird status updates were all that he'd shown.....
I go out once every two weeks. My bf works full-time. Why is it only ever me getting sick? T_T
I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkcc