Zaezul

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm very new to rpgmaker and so I thought I'd jump in with the latest release.
To explain the problem further, I've made a battle event for a specific troop (first screenshot) which essentially boils down to a little dialogue and it starts at turn "0". For some reason, this event runs for every other troop in the database, including any new troops I create although their event pages are empty.

It might be a plugin, so the third screenshot should be of my plugin list but nit's not very obvious which one is causing the issue. Could it be something else? It's a little frustrating since I really want to continue developing what I have. I'd appreciate the help!

fec927fd84a1ffb26e52d4e19da49cfd.png
cb6aaa0dea79d504e6f6993cbe271fe6.png
d6a045fa01d7ccff3243c203a853b2b8.png

Attachments

• d6a045fa01d7ccff3243c203a853b2b8.png
    d6a045fa01d7ccff3243c203a853b2b8.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 3

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In MV, there was a plugin called "YEP_BaseTroopEvents" in which you could choose a specific troop from your database.
And the plugin would then copy all events from that troop to all other troops in the database.

Now, I am not too familiar with the VisuStella plugins, but I suspect that one of the plugins has a similar function to that of the earlier mentioned plugin.

Going by the names, I would suspect that its either "VisuMZ_BattleCore" or "VisuMZ_EncounterEffects".
You should probably check both of these plugins for a function like that.

Or even easier, look if any of them have a plugin parameter that needs to be set to a Troop ID.
(in your case probably 1 since that is the troop that gives you problems)

Zaezul

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In MV, there was a plugin called "YEP_BaseTroopEvents" in which you could choose a specific troop from your database.
And the plugin would then copy all events from that troop to all other troops in the database.

Now, I am not too familiar with the VisuStella plugins, but I suspect that one of the plugins has a similar function to that of the earlier mentioned plugin.

Going by the names, I would suspect that its either "VisuMZ_BattleCore" or "VisuMZ_EncounterEffects".
You should probably check both of these plugins for a function like that.

Or even easier, look if any of them have a plugin parameter that needs to be set to a Troop ID.
(in your case probably 1 since that is the troop that gives you problems)

Wow, you really threw me in the right direction.

For anyone who might find this thread and has a similar issue, go to the plugin manager and edit VisuMZ_1_BattleCore. Double click mechanics settings in parameters and you should find a row 'Base Troop ID's', delete any values inside.

Thanks ScorchedGround, that's helped so much!

82b61a20b73d6b5f3b2e1549112bc528.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.
i am absolutely DRAGGING MYSELF RIGHT NOW, i bought a commission ($35) back in october, got the art back, it was great, only to NOW realize i never DOWNLOADED it to my computer, and the site i used auto-deletes uploads after 3 months. Now i'm panicking cuz she closed all her commissions on that site & deleted her IG and Facebook, luckily I found her g-mail but who knows if she'll respond :kaocry: pray for me ya'll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewStaff