Zaezul

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm very new to rpgmaker and so I thought I'd jump in with the latest release.
To explain the problem further, I've made a battle event for a specific troop (first screenshot) which essentially boils down to a little dialogue and it starts at turn "0". For some reason, this event runs for every other troop in the database, including any new troops I create although their event pages are empty.

It might be a plugin, so the third screenshot should be of my plugin list but nit's not very obvious which one is causing the issue. Could it be something else? It's a little frustrating since I really want to continue developing what I have. I'd appreciate the help!

fec927fd84a1ffb26e52d4e19da49cfd.png
cb6aaa0dea79d504e6f6993cbe271fe6.png
d6a045fa01d7ccff3243c203a853b2b8.png

Attachments

• d6a045fa01d7ccff3243c203a853b2b8.png
    d6a045fa01d7ccff3243c203a853b2b8.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 3

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In MV, there was a plugin called "YEP_BaseTroopEvents" in which you could choose a specific troop from your database.
And the plugin would then copy all events from that troop to all other troops in the database.

Now, I am not too familiar with the VisuStella plugins, but I suspect that one of the plugins has a similar function to that of the earlier mentioned plugin.

Going by the names, I would suspect that its either "VisuMZ_BattleCore" or "VisuMZ_EncounterEffects".
You should probably check both of these plugins for a function like that.

Or even easier, look if any of them have a plugin parameter that needs to be set to a Troop ID.
(in your case probably 1 since that is the troop that gives you problems)

Zaezul

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In MV, there was a plugin called "YEP_BaseTroopEvents" in which you could choose a specific troop from your database.
And the plugin would then copy all events from that troop to all other troops in the database.

Now, I am not too familiar with the VisuStella plugins, but I suspect that one of the plugins has a similar function to that of the earlier mentioned plugin.

Going by the names, I would suspect that its either "VisuMZ_BattleCore" or "VisuMZ_EncounterEffects".
You should probably check both of these plugins for a function like that.

Or even easier, look if any of them have a plugin parameter that needs to be set to a Troop ID.
(in your case probably 1 since that is the troop that gives you problems)

Wow, you really threw me in the right direction.

For anyone who might find this thread and has a similar issue, go to the plugin manager and edit VisuMZ_1_BattleCore. Double click mechanics settings in parameters and you should find a row 'Base Troop ID's', delete any values inside.

Thanks ScorchedGround, that's helped so much!

82b61a20b73d6b5f3b2e1549112bc528.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you spend hours working on an optional segment that players will only be in for 2 minutes in a single playthrough. That's the life right there.
I had a kernel panic crash on my current computer for the first time after trying out the latest update on a videogame. I think I'm going to wait until the next update before trying it again. This brought back memories of my old computer and laptop in their final days.
My mind is now broken. I just spent over an hour on this stupid issue.
Trying to get a skill to show text depending on enemy ID to show passives.
Well. I tried to call one passive 'Spirit's Way'. See a problem? No? Neither did I until now!
The apostrophe in "Spirit's" ended the text eval... no wonder I kept getting unexpected input errors...I think I'm gonna cry.
Anterograde Fantasy now has a demo build available!

You know you've been working on RPGMaker for a while when you go to move your projects to a 16 GB USB drive and get told not enough space to do this operation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VexingTrack2