Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have an event set up to give a battle bonus (applied through a passive state) at the end of each turn.
Battle_Bonus_01.png
I'm trying to get it to happen after each individual character's action, similar to the system seen in Xenosaga Episode 1.

I tried using the Span "Moment" but that results in it cycling through the event endlessly
Battle_Bonus_02.pngBattle_Bonus_03.png
I'm using "Olivia's Battle System OTB" in conjunction with YEP_BattleEngineCore, which gives 'character turns' based on Agility but as you can see there's still a "full turn" so character's cannot act endlessly before enemies.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yanfly's buffs and states core allows a state to perform various actions after every action. If you apply that to an invisible passive state you can have it call a common event on action end, so you don't need to mess with troop events.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's buffs and states core allows a state to perform various actions after every action. If you apply that to an invisible passive state you can have it call a common event on action end, so you don't need to mess with troop events.
I got that but what I'm trying to do is make it so this event plays after every character action and not the full 'turn'

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got that but what I'm trying to do is make it so this event plays after every character action and not the full 'turn'
Isn't that exactly what Htlaets said?

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, actually, I re-read it. I must of read to fast because I didn't realize the /common events/ part...

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but I've read through the Buffs and States plugin and still don't even understand how to do that... :kaoswt2:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but I've read through the Buffs and States plugin and still don't even understand how to do that... :kaoswt2:
It's the fourth section of the documentation. Big block with the header "Custom Timing Effects"

Custom Timing Effects said:
- Action End: Whenever the battler finishes an action.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's the fourth section of the documentation. Big block with the header "Custom Timing Effects"
I get that I'm supposed to create a custom notetag but as there's not a 'true' example provided, I have no idea what the code is even supposed to look like, nor do I know how to use JS to even set that up.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get that I'm supposed to create a custom notetag but as there's not a 'true' example provided, I have no idea what the code is even supposed to look like, nor do I know how to use JS to even set that up.
So you can just Google "RPG Maker MV script common event" and get multiple threads with the answer: $gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(ID)
Where ID is the ID of your common event.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Frustrated, as always. I took a break from working on games and when I turned back to working on them again, bam! Slapped in the face with more errors. Such is the pain of working on any project, I suppose.
Checking out the Judge's Round Table. Really cool getting their perspective in a Q/A environment like this.
I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! Dad said he's going to take me to my favorite arcade and maybe Aquatica.
animated message windows <3
or message window that uses background images that can be animated?
Still need to fix some things, but it's going great so far :)
CEPjLJn.gif
just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tapestried