troops in the troop window are showing up very tiny after update.

bobkelso121

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
loaded my game today only to find out my troops are hard to see for some reason.. no this does not transfer to a new project troops i tested it. I honestly have no idea what could have triggered this to happen.

Attachments

• Size when in enemies tab.png
    Size when in enemies tab.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Size when in troops tab.png
    Size when in troops tab.png
    289.5 KB · Views: 11

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you look at the patch notes, this is because the enemies are now being scaled proportionate to the resolution you've set in the system tab.

bobkelso121

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
wow that is stupid.. it makes them hard to see on a 1900 1080 screen. but why are they the normal size in game? why do such a dumb update and penalize us who use a larger scale?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure it's functioning 100% as intended, but I dunno.

bobkelso121

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
they better revert it, back to before, do not even attempt this again. this kind of crap makes me uninstall programs fast

bobkelso121

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
here's why i am pissed.... if this update does not affect gameplay in anyway by resizing the enemies to scale. why bother?? Some of us would like to see the enemies in the editor. not just small dots that are so small you literally have to push your nose to the screen to see them. this update to ui scaling troops is stupid. get rid of it for editing. there is no point behind it. it makes the whole edit process horrid.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should try to relax. The intent is to get a more accurate idea of what the battle screen looks like.

If you've used it before, you should know it can be hard to place the enemies exactly where you want, because positioning them on a non-scaled background looks different when you see that troop in-game.

If you dislike the current effect, there is a section of the forum labeled "user feedback" for you to say so in an intelligent, civilized manner - writing multiple posts in a row calling things stupid, cursing about how you're upset, and talking about you uninstalling and quitting really doesn't make anyone feel sympathetic to your plight.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kamikun95