Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tropicalia: A Brazilian Game

SYNOPSIS
Hunt, fish, harvest and fight in this Retro RPG of hunther-gatherers.
The idea behind this project is to show the world the indigenous Brazilian aesthetics. (Medieval Europe is a bit overdone).
The game presents an interpretation about a Guarani folklore, before the times of colonization.

VERSION 1.2 Update (May 2020)

What's New

Now with 100% original artwork for the enemies, representing Brazilian Fauna and Folklore.
New Achievements and Encyclopedia Systems added.
Quality of Life options and UI improvements.

PLOT

The history follows a Guarani legends, that tells about Kerana, the most beautiful girl from the tribe. So beautiful, that Tau, a demigod, decided to kidnap her.

You play as Kaique, former love interest of Kerana that now is thinking of a way to rescue her.
(The plot is cliché, but I want to use it in my favour, and deliver a experience akin to NES Zelda 1).

In this Demo, this kidnaping is not expanded further, just presented. In the demo you play as Kaique, training so he can take a chance in defying a Demigod.

Game Mechanics

Minimalist RPG: You play as a single character, and control 4 parameters: Attack, Defense, Agility and Inteliggence;

Timed Hit Commands: Like in "Mario RPG" series, you need to press the button at the right tiem to add bonus to your attacks or defend from the enemies better.

Map Skills: You can pick fruits from trees, break rocks, lit torches, swim in rivers or in the ocean. You can also fish and cook everything you find out there. Think Breath of Fire or Wild Arms.

Souls-like: Rest at bonfires and spend your points to streghten your character and learn skills. If you die, you retain all your experience and items, but lose these skill points. You can retrieve them by reaching the point which oy died.

Fresh-looking Retro Aesthetics: RTP in here, only the battle animations. Everything else was redesigned. I took ripped sprites and put them all in a single and limited color pallete, and it all just clicked. Put this together with a inovative battle camera and you got an eye candy RPG.

SCREENSHOTS

(The mode7 was descontinued, it not passed deployment tests :( )

Play it NOW on BROWSER
https://gamejolt.com/games/tropicaliagame/426618

All credits are in the playable Demo, in a option right at the title screen.

Last edited:

PH2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
C'mon guys, one week and 0 replies?
Please try my demo, I worked a whole year with much dedication in it! :)

(can I bump without any proper updates on the game? The rules weren't certain about that. If not, sorry)

Old_Fel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome game! I loved the visuals, the music and the gameplay mechanics. Very promising! Congrats for you and your team.

PH2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks man! I'm solo deving (besided the soundtrack) and this message means much to me!

Kauzz

Hello!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks awesome. Downloading... :) :)
*Playing on browser

Oh, one thing. Guess it would be better if you can animate the water. The graphics are amazing

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Love the setting an graphics!

PH2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks awesome. Downloading... :) :)
*Playing on browser

Oh, one thing. Guess it would be better if you can animate the water. The graphics are amazing
Ooooh man, the animated-tiles are turned off by default and just now I realized this!! Thanks! (you can change this at configuration, but I can just imagine all the people that played without realizing this too :( )

Love the setting an graphics!
Thanks man! I'm aiming for something original and minimalistic!

PH2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VERSION 1.2 Update (May 2020)

What's New

Now with 100% original artwork for the enemies, representing Brazilian Fauna and Folklore.
New Achievements and Encyclopedia Systems added.
Quality of Life options and UI improvements.

@tropicaliagame at Twitter and Instagram
/r/tropicaliagame at Reddit

<3​

Last edited:

byproduct

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I must admit this is not my cup of tea when it comes to the genre, but I need to applaud the graphics and the premise (adopting the non-mainstream (?) actual folklore for a game). Looks beautiful and feels fresh!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.
just spent FOREVER troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard... turns out the cord was just loose OTL
I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter