Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to get a game to upscale from 320x240 to 640x480. SRD's Game Upgrade plugin, in combination with Yanfly's Core Engine, works okay for this in the desktop version, but not the browser one. I've also tried Helladen's Screen Manager with no luck. I have the viewport dimensions set to 640x480 in the game's itch.io page, but it just stays at the smaller resolution.

unknown.png

Is there a way to update the screen size in-browser? I could resize some of my images instead and maybe use a camera zoom plugin for the tiles and sprites, but it would be nice to keep the file sizes smaller.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you want a larger screen size (means more of the map on the screen), or do you want a zoom of the old screen size?

Those are two different things, and I guess that some part of your problem is that you mixed up those two things, especially since a larger screen size is usually very easy.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you want a larger screen size (means more of the map on the screen), or do you want a zoom of the old screen size?

Those are two different things, and I guess that some part of your problem is that you mixed up those two things, especially since a larger screen size is usually very easy.
I want a zoom of the old screen size.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if the following idea works, but what if you don't use any plugins to zoom but instead edit the index.html to force the browser to zoom?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if the following idea works, but what if you don't use any plugins to zoom but instead edit the index.html to force the browser to zoom?
Good news: I got the game to scale up. I also figured out how to reposition it. It was rendering halfway up the frame at first.
HTML:
<body style="background-color: black; zoom: 2;
        -ms-zoom: 2;
        -webkit-zoom: 2;
        -moz-transform: scale(2,2);
        -moz-transform-origin: center;
        position: relative;
        top: 232px;" >

Bad news: Mouse controls aren't working properly now.

EDIT: Maybe the simplest solution right now might just be to keep the browser version of the game at 320x240 and recommend that the player zoom in the web page. I just tried that and it seems to work fine.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Title Screen 100% Finished
Evangeline.png
I'm starting to enjoy doing pixel art! Not to mention it's getting easier to do commissions :kaojoy:
I'm having a surprisingly easy time with the wait for Hogwarts Legacy, though I know other gamers are salivating hard.
:awat:What are you two down there doing?
This status is here just to take up space. And to make you read that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kriss_Hietala