Status
Not open for further replies.

the23rd Devil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been having some trouble with the color pallet limitations, and I thought i had it figured out. My method for importing customised content is to export one of the default ones, for example the dungeon tiles, convert it to RGB and use it as a template for the customized tiles, then to convert it to "indexed" with a generated pallet of 256 colors (as the program's limitations allow.) and import it back into the game. The dungeon chip set I did this to works perfectly fine. However, when I tried to do the same thing with the monster battle sprites (export slime, covert to rgb, make it my monster, convert to index) The program wouldnt take it back with the error message saying it needed to be an index of 256 (which it was).

Has anyone encountered this problem before, and/or is my method flawed? If so how do I fix this?

Kamillo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
Don't convert in GIMP!

You try convert in irfanview - should be OK.

the23rd Devil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Don't convert in GIMP!

You try convert in irfanview - should be OK.
Could you link me to this program? all the download websites i found with it seem kind of Addware filled. Also is there a reason why gimp doesnt work specifically for monster sprites?

Kamillo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
GIMP convert graphics to the smallest pallete. For example if you have graphic which has only 16 colours (also less), GIMP always convert to 4bit, not 8bit. RM2k3 work only 8bit graphics (not 2, 4, 16, 32, only 8).

Infran view: http://tsukuru.pl/index.php?link=programy/iview - first download.

the23rd Devil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GIMP convert graphics to the smallest pallete. For example if you have graphic which has only 16 colours (also less), GIMP always convert to 4bit, not 8bit. RM2k3 work only 8bit graphics (not 2, 4, 16, 32, only 8).

Infran view: http://tsukuru.pl/index.php?link=programy/iview - first download.
That program won't run on my computer, when i try to open it everything in windows explorer freezes, and stays frozen unless i go to reset the computer, then i get an error message saying there are "too many files in 16 bit programs" and to close some of them, even though no other programs are running.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It's been a long time since i worked with 2k3 (when it was still illegal), but i think i used Paint.NET for converting.

the23rd Devil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's been a long time since i worked with 2k3 (when it was still illegal), but i think i used Paint.NET for converting.
That one worked perfectly. Thank you to both of you ^u^

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Join us and follow along live as we explore A Thief's Voyage by walldeaf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No666