Golden Fish Entertainment

Last Man Standing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, just trying to mess around with some plugins and am having a bit of trouble with this one...I have the

VE_BasicModule and the VE_ElementSet

plugins both active, but I can't seem to get the damage to calculate...see the images below. I have the Barrel Sludge set to
Fire*100% and Ice*150% but the damage is identical with either version of the ability; Id #s are correct as well :/

Any help would be most appreciated.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plugin Support[/move]
Please give links to the plugins you're using, so that we can check what they do.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And what did you expect to happen?
Because what you describe to happen is the default behaviour of both the engine and the plugin.

Last Man Standing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I was under the impression that the Element Set Plugin allows you to create skills etc which deal more than one type of elemental damage. This being the case, if the enemy has no resistance to <Fire> but takes 50% additional damage from <Ice>, I had assumed the version of the spell which was coded to deal both Fire and Ice would do more damage than the one coded to only deal fire.

EDIT: I tested further, and I found that if I set the enemy to be weak to both Ice and Fire, then it takes additional damage from the "Fire only" OR an "Ice only" spell, while listing both of them in the notes section as instructed caused the spell to deal no additional damage.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the plugin has several effects depending on how you configured it - what option did you choose in its parameters? because its default method is to use the element with the highest multiplicator if several are present, but as said that is for you to configure

Last Man Standing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I used the "Average" option...in the original setup I posted that should have meant that Ice+Fire would deal 125% damage right?

(Fire 100% + Ice 150%)/(2)

Last Man Standing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Since this plugin is apparently no longer supported and the creator can't be bothered to respond, can anyone possibly direct me to an alternate means of making weapons and/or skills that deal more than one type of elemental damage?

Thanks!

Last Man Standing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Still pretty sure that this isn't working as advertised, even went so far as to set up a skill which would "have" to do 750 damage exactly if the program was working correctly.

Seems kind of ****ty to just default to "you must be wrong" and then ignore the fact that you have someone peddling a broken plugin...especially like the fact that I reached out to the original creator in private the same day I made the original post, and he has been online every day for the last week and can't be bothered to respond to a simple email.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Victor is a long-time scripter, and it has always been a problem that several of his scripts only work when someone follows the instructions extremely careful. Of course everyone can make mistakes, but the hundreds of scripts he wrote (beginning with VXA) worked when published.

If one of his scripts doesn't work, then there is usually only a very limited number of possible reasons:
1) misconfiguration or wrong use of the script/plugin
2) incompatibility with a different script/plugin in the project
3) incompatibility with the core-version of MV in case that function of MV got changed when updated

It is extremely unlikely that one of Victor's plugins was broken when it was published.

Last Man Standing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The point being, it seemed as though there was some sort of effort being made to identify the issue, and when I shared what I had done to get where I was the issue was not followed up on. I got confused and thought one of the main purposes of the forum was to facilitate people in using a product.

I was asked a question regarding my setup, and when I answered that was it. No response, no follow up, just an "Enh, oh well".

I apologize for the salt but at the VERY LEAST I could have been told to go check my updates, etc.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know everything, and I'm helping here for free in my free time. So when I have no more ideas as to where to look next for the problem, I usually don't answer anymore and let others (who might have used the same plugins or scripts) help with their experience on that specific case.

If you didn't know - while this is the official forum of the company selling the makers, no one around here gets paid for forum work (even Degica's employees only get paid for other work and doing forum work on their free time). It can't be handled any other way especially in plugin cases, because only the plugin writer knows that code good enough to handle any possible cause with it. And with the hundreds of plugins written by the community (often for free), Degica simply can't pay anyone to learn every plugin in every combination.

That is the reason why not every case is solved - there are points after which we simply cannot follow anymore and the developer has to either search the solution himself or decide not to use the problematic plugin if the original writer can't give any support.

Have you tried to contact Victor about this?

Last Man Standing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
On July 25th 2017 I sent a message which read:

I hate to be bugging you, but I have been having a hard time with this plugin and I was hoping I could maybe get some insight from the master himself...if you could let me know what I am doing wrong here I would be eternally grateful :D

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/trouble-w-element-set-plugin.81715/

Never got a response, but because I am OCD as hell I know he's been on several times. If nobody here is getting paid, then I'm not gonna groan anymore about the lack of help; I just think if it were me I'd be a little more invested in something I spent the time to code.
Just means we won't utilize him in the future, which again I am sure he does not care about.

Thanks

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have you tried placing Himeworks plugin under all the Victor Engine Plugins?

Last Man Standing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah it didn't make a difference...I'm sure it's something really inconsequential like using [x] instead of <x>, but since the guy who wrote it can't be bothered to weigh in I may never know...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Getting work done in the hospital is a little tough :kaosigh:
Yet another custom skill animation, sometimes i waste too much time on details people will barely notice :kaocry:
Time flies by... already 1/6th of the calendar released :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KM_Dub