Trouble with Galv's Character and Region Effects

DShroom

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi all

I'm trying to use Galv's awesome looking scripts for Character and Region effects (found here - http://galvs-scripts...isual-effects/)

Downside is I'm new with scripts and can't quite get either to work. The character effects, for the moment I am just trying to get a simple shadow, just isn't showing up and the region effects script gives me a game crashes and errors any time I enter an effected region area, similar to this - Script ‘Game_Event’ line 24: NoMethodError occurred.undefined method ‘id’ for nil:NilClass.

I've read through the scripts' FAQ, followed the instructions and had a comb through and play with the settings but still the first isn't showing and the second is all errors. I've had problems with Galv's scripts in the past but most of the time it has been an easy fix that I don't recognise because of my unfamiliarity with scripts at this present time.

Any advice?

I an supply screengrabs if necessary.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Galv actually provided demos for both scripts.

Did you try to download them and test them out?

Also, if you are still having problems, you may have to consider letting us that other scripts you are using as well in the same project.

DShroom

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Susan

I took the script straight from the demo's actually, changing appropriate settings for my project but for the most part leaving it untouched.

I haven't actually tested it on it's on, without any other scripts. I will try that and get back to you.

EDIT: Ok I have somehow got the region effects working, I think I was copying over the wrong map. I'm unfortunately still at a loss with the Character effects. I pasted in the script and nothing is happening, there is clearly some settings to rework but...yes still very confused.

I try making events, start with a comment as it says in the instructions, then go to make script calls following the given examples and either nothing happens (majority) or I get errors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I had lots of fun! Kids loved me, and some took pictures. Unfortunately, the videos didn't send... but you'll see Chica in action when I do a trailer for Fandom Scouts!
Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...
rux
Someone please help me make my game.
I need someone to volunteer, I am on my knees man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandini503