Trouble with Galv's Character and Region Effects

DShroom

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi all

I'm trying to use Galv's awesome looking scripts for Character and Region effects (found here - http://galvs-scripts...isual-effects/)

Downside is I'm new with scripts and can't quite get either to work. The character effects, for the moment I am just trying to get a simple shadow, just isn't showing up and the region effects script gives me a game crashes and errors any time I enter an effected region area, similar to this - Script ‘Game_Event’ line 24: NoMethodError occurred.undefined method ‘id’ for nil:NilClass.

I've read through the scripts' FAQ, followed the instructions and had a comb through and play with the settings but still the first isn't showing and the second is all errors. I've had problems with Galv's scripts in the past but most of the time it has been an easy fix that I don't recognise because of my unfamiliarity with scripts at this present time.

Any advice?

I an supply screengrabs if necessary.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Galv actually provided demos for both scripts.

Did you try to download them and test them out?

Also, if you are still having problems, you may have to consider letting us that other scripts you are using as well in the same project.

DShroom

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Susan

I took the script straight from the demo's actually, changing appropriate settings for my project but for the most part leaving it untouched.

I haven't actually tested it on it's on, without any other scripts. I will try that and get back to you.

EDIT: Ok I have somehow got the region effects working, I think I was copying over the wrong map. I'm unfortunately still at a loss with the Character effects. I pasted in the script and nothing is happening, there is clearly some settings to rework but...yes still very confused.

I try making events, start with a comment as it says in the instructions, then go to make script calls following the given examples and either nothing happens (majority) or I get errors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D
I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123