Trouble with Large choices from HIME

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by argiargi, Jul 14, 2019.

1. argiargi

argiargi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Large choices combines multiple choice inputs into a large choice. This works perfectly fine for me if thats all I use. for example

choice
    choice

now gives one choice of up to 12 options.

The problem is I want to use it with 2 other plugins as well, Hide choices and conditional choices.

Those 2 other plugins have to be inserted IMMEDIATELY before the choice input they modify, so for example

hidechoice
    conditionaltext
    choice

this also works fine, the problem is when you combine the three

Ideally, it would work like,

hidechoice
    conditionaltext
    choice
    choice

But that doesnt work. in order for hidechoice and conditional choice text to work it would have to be like

hidechoice
    conditionaltext
    choice
    hidechoice
    conditionaltext
    choice

and that breaks Large choices instead.

Is there a way to use all 3 together? or forgo this and just increase the maximum choices by modifying one of the RMMV js files without using a plugin?

2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    use this plugin with conditional, variable or switches.
    it can be a bit confusing, but if you read it carefully, you will manage it,
    it works with hime large choices =)

place it ABOVE himes large choices.

3. argiargi

argiargi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unfortunately that still doesnt work.

it doesnt have a conditional text function, which I need. It might work for the conditional hiding of choices, but not for the conditional renaming of choice options - it would only be a replacement for himes hide choice plugin, not the conditional text one. The conditional choice text would still break large choices even if the hide choices doesnt.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    please give a few screenshots from your events as well as your plugin manager.
    Tsukihimes plugins are usually very well written and compatible, your description sounds as if something messes up this compatibility because it should work correctly from what I remember.

EDIT: also please give links to the plugins you're using, that helps in solving as well because we can't always search the internet for them.

5. argiargi

argiargi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was about to do this, and as I was commenting the code to make it easier for you guys to read, I noticed something I did wrong...

Turns out all three of the plugins are do work together.

I swear, I literally spent 5 hours trying to fix it yesterday before i made this thread, sorry guys, again.