Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I wanted to have a feature where you could only add/remove party members at home base however the problem is when I do this it reverts them back to their default settings and to Lv.1 and resets their equipment when I add them back later, plus I have to set numerous events to switch specific party members out and replace them with others, the game is supposed to have numerous characters so you can mix-n-match parties to what you need for certain points of the game, but I wanted to have a single event that lets you switch between any of the characters with one event rather than several

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
when readding the party member... make sure initialize checkbox if OFF (not ticked) since if you tick it will reset the member to what you set in database.
image.png

hope this help...

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when readding the party member... make sure initialize checkbox if OFF (not ticked) since if you tick it will reset the member to what you set in database.
image.png

hope this help...
This did help solve one issue, tho now I have to figure out how to have a single list of characters to switch in and out, you know almost like an equip menu but for playable and it can only be done at home base

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it can only be done at home base
make the home base a map with one event for each actor.
If the actor is in the party (that is what the condition on the event pages means) it will be an empty bed and triggering the event will ask if you want to leave that actor at base.
If the actor is not in the party, the event will show the actor sprite and triggering it will ask if you want to add the actor to the party.
depending on your game you might need a third page of an unused bed that triggers nothing if you have to find the actor in the game before it becomes available in the homebase.

it can be a bit tricky for a new user if you have problems with page order and event conditions, but that is one of the (in my opinion) better ways to handle party management compared to a simply party screen.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolitagogo