Trouble With Saving Using Plugin

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Ispguy, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Ispguy

Ispguy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am currently making a short rpg horror game. I felt inclined to add a stamina system so that the player can only run for so long before having to let it recharge.

I used Silver's Dash Stamina to achieve this. The problem is when using the plugin I can no longer save the game. I've tried turning off all other plugins but the problem persists. Is there something I need to change to fix this or should I switch to a different plugin all-together?

If you know of any stamina plugins that work better I would love to hear about them.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You would have had better luck posting in the thread for the plugin (the one you linked in your post).

@SilverDash is active on the forum and could have replied there.

What happens when you try to save? Do you get any buzzer sound or anything? What DOES happen?

If you disable the plugin, save, then continue your game, can you confirm that you CAN save when on the same map? Sometimes there are OTHER things that cause saving to fail, and it's nothing to do with plugins.

I expect if nobody could save because of the plugin, there would have been quite a number of issues reported in the thread. But in all 6 pages, I can't find one.

3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

It is usually better to approach the plugin writer direct with a query like this by posting in their thread. They may not see a stray post in plugin support. However, now that they've been tagged they might reply here.

4. Ispguy

Ispguy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

When I attempt to save with the plugin active it makes the buzzer noise, whatever you would have it set to. If I load a save made when the plugin was off, the game loads normally, the plugin is non-functional, and saving is impossible.

I did change some parameters, just to alter the rate at which stamina decreases, the base value, and the recharge value. I will try again with the default parameters and see if it works.

5. SilverDash

SilverDash Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Shaz is right, please next time just post in my topic so I can get an automatic alert about it. Now I got the alert because Shaz mentioned me.

I just tested it and yes, saving using my plugins is broken for the latest versions of my plugins (plural) and generates an error.

I already located the problem and will update it very soon.

6. SilverDash

SilverDash Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay it's fixed in version 2.02 now.

Shaz likes this.
  7. Ispguy

Ispguy Villager Member

First Language:
    English