AdamRobero

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to the forums (signed up 5-10 minutes ago) because I'm having problems with skills.

What I decided to do was create a skill called Double Threat, which attacked two enemies, twice. I was trying to test the skill by making it a pre-learnt skill but when I had added to the actors Features, it wouldn't show up in battle.

I left it and moved on.

I then tried to create a person who has a conditional branch at the start, and if you have the skill Attack learnt, you can upgrade it to Double Threat. When I made it, it didn't work and I'm guessing it's because the system can't find attack in the skills.

The event for the Upgrade thing is extremely basic but should still work (I think):

@>Conditional Branch: [] is [Attack] Learned

@>Text: "Actor3", 0, Normal, Bottom

: : Oh... I see you have the learnt the skill, Attack!

: : Hmm... How about I upgrade that for you?

@>Change Skills: [], - [Attack]

@>Change Skills: []. + [Double Threat]

: : All done!

@>Exit Event Processing

@>

:Else

@>Exit Event Processing

@>

Branch End

@>

Can anyone see a problem with this? I also added Attack and Guard to the Actors Features, so that it should be able to detect it but that didn't work...

Linally

Edible Knight
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe, instead of adding it to the actors features, you need to add it to the class skills? That's how all the other skills work. Did you try that?

Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default, the very first skill in the database will show up directly from the battle menu.  If you want Double Attack to be available, you'll have to allow him to use the Skill Type that you set for it.

Other option would be to use a script that allows you to make custom command lists, such as this one:

http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/battle-command-list/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to the forums (signed up 5-10 minutes ago) because I'm having problems with skills.

What I decided to do was create a skill called Double Threat, which attacked two enemies, twice. I was trying to test the skill by making it a pre-learnt skill but when I had added to the actors Features, it wouldn't show up in battle.
That is most probably because the actor doesn't know the skill type of the new skill - or if you set the skill type to "none" like attack, because that will also fail.

Attack is a special skill that's hard-coded to appear on the top command menu in battle - that's why it doesn't need a skill type. All other skills appear only in their skill type menu (one click later), and the actor needs to have learned the skill type as well to be able to use that skill.

And the event doesn't work for the same reason - Attack will always be in the command menu unless you use one of the command manager scripts to remove it...

AdamRobero

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay. Thanks everyone. I'll give it a try in bit

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just laid down a sick nasty new post in the MagiCats! Infinite Sadness thread! Lemme give ya a big ol' hug for it.

bg6.jpg
Wheel of Attacks.png

MORE GAMBLING THEMED ATTACKS!

I AM UNABLE TO STOP!
Is it ok to repost stuff that i've posted to threads in the status feed?
If so, here's art of Shiloh, the main protagonist of the game i'm making:20220807_181702.jpg
They are meant to be ambiguous in gender, like Frisk from Undertale or Gogo from FFVI. I haven't decided what their age will be yet. Any ideas?
Please comment what you think about the art and design!
ScreenShot_8_10_2022_7_15_21.png
Looks like Mike's got a new party member in Robbi...

Calf survival story with a happy ending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wintt