Trouble with Yanfly Equip Battle Skills- Allowed Types?

Feliaria

Good with Ideas, Bad with Execution
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I'm having some troubles with Yanfly's EBS plugin, particularly with the Allowed Types sub-plugin.

My game has five classes (loosely, the player can choose skills from any of the classes to bring to battle). However, I also have some abilities (each character choice will have 4 to 5 depending on character and gear) that are being excluded from the EBS system through the sub-plugin. My problem is, none of the skills that I want to have excluded are showing up during battle. My "Memories" skill list is empty in battle, but not when I'm in the menu screen. All of the skills are set to "Occasion: Always" until I finish them, at which point they will be switched to Battle Only (trying it now, though, still leaves the skill set as empty during battle.)

Is there something I'm doing wrong? All the Memories skills will be added through either states or gear, but when I have them in another category or turn Allowed Types off, they work just fine (albeit with the requirement that they be equipped, which I really DON'T want for those skills...).

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give a link to the website where you got the plugin from, it helps in solving problems not to have to search the internet for explanations.

That said, yanfly's plugins are usually bug-free unless newly released, and that means the problem is most likely either a misconfiguration or an incompatibility with another plugin you've installed.

Please give screenshots of your plugin manager, of the plugin properties of this plugin and of the skills and how you configured them, then we can check where you made a mistake.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also asked for a link to the plugin site, and for a reason - I can't search for it at the moment, but if I remember correctly there was a comment on some of yanfly's plugins that they only work with learned skills, but not with added skills, due to the difference in where the skills are stored.

Since you didn't give a link, please check yourself if that comment is part of this plugin's description on the website.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your load order is a mess, i'd recommend you to organize it and see if it solves the issue.
Follow Yanfly's load order

http://yanfly.moe/yep/

Feliaria

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I also asked for a link to the plugin site, and for a reason - I can't search for it at the moment, but if I remember correctly there was a comment on some of yanfly's plugins that they only work with learned skills, but not with added skills, due to the difference in where the skills are stored.

Since you didn't give a link, please check yourself if that comment is part of this plugin's description on the website.

I'm sorry, Andar! I knew I would forget something. I literally had to walk out the door after posting the pictures so I completely forgot about the links. Again. >_>

http://yanfly.moe/2016/04/08/yep-90-equip-battle-skills-rpg-maker-mv/

http://yanfly.moe/2016/06/05/yep-106-equip-battle-skills-allowed-types-rpg-maker-mv/

Here are the links. I wasn't able to see anything about them being learnt only, but maybe I'm just blind.

Your load order is a mess, i'd recommend you to organize it and see if it solves the issue.
Follow Yanfly's load order

http://yanfly.moe/yep/

Aside from Weapon Unleash (which I missed), Allowed Types (which was only flipped with Equip Skill Tiers), and Enhanced TP (which has to be up there or else something gets messed up, I've tried having that where it's supposed to be), I have them all in Yanfly's order...?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try disabling Victor's scripts, especially the action condition script and then test again.

If that still doesn't work, test with all non-yanfly plugins disabled.

The two first things to find out is wether the configuration is correct and if there are incompatibilites between two of the scripts. And since yanfly's scripts are compatible to each other, you only need to check the non-yanfly

Feliaria

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay... umm... that's weird.

Disabled Victor's plug-ins, the skills showed up in the correct tab in battle.

I REENABLED Victor's plug-ins to check if it wasn't the Battle Statuc Menu (thankfully it wasn't. THat would have really hurt my display...), and the skills were still there...

Well, as long as it's working... sorry for the trouble, Andar. I really do not understand what is happening right now. So weird... Thanks for the help, though! :)

Though... now I have another display issue that popped up, but I should be able to find a fix to it myself... >_>

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noicchi