Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I am having a bit of an issue. I am attempting to create an archer for my game and liked Yanfly's Tip and Trick skill: Piercing Arrow. I watched the video, created the skill and copy and pasted the code at bottom of Yanfly's page into the note box section of the skill for my game. The skill is not working correctly in my game and I have no idea why. I have the battle engine, damage core and target core plugins installed.

What is happening is that it is not allowing me to select all enemies but restricting me to a very select few, if only one, and then the attack is only striking one target when there are multiple on the screen and not hitting the one I can select. For example, if it allows me to only select two targets when there are five, it will randomly select one of the two.

Any help is appreciated. I am scratching my head at this. I have linked yanfly's tip above and have images of my plugin list if anyone wanted to see that.

Plugin list.PNGPlugin List2.PNGplugin list3.PNGplugin list4.PNGplugin list5.PNG
[\SPOILER]

EDIT:
I wasn't sure if I should edit the post or add a new message, so I opted for editing the original post.

I figured out what the problem was. There was a conflict with Yanfly's Taunt plugin and this tip and trick for Piercing Arrow. I am not a coder, but all I can assume is that the way the code is written does not account for when Taunt is on the battlefield. I have rows set up where the first row has taunt on it to direct front row physical fighters to deal with front row before getting to the next row. Due to this, the skill was not working correctly. After applying the <Bypass Taunt> notetag on the skill Piercing Arrow, everything works appropriately where the arrow will continue to hit those in the row behind it rather than stop at the first row.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phunction