Troubles with Yanfly's Class system.

Beat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone! I am working on a free to play RPG and decided to use Yanfly's class system plugin. I have the option of adding the subclass skills, but they don't appear not even in menu which sucks. The plugin works as far as adding the subclass stats, but the skills are not added not even in menu.

I have the part of subclass skill types like this:

# This adds subclass skill types to the available skill types usable.
SUBCLASS_SKILL_TYPES = true

I tried adding up the battle command plugin (Yanfly's too) but it does not help, since I put it… I do what the instructions says to do to add the battle commands and only defend and attack appear as commands usable. So... Quite the trouble over here.

Any help regarding this? I am using the Class system for VX ace: https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/class-system/

Thanks in advance

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Although you posted this in MV, I am going to assume that, as the script is for Ace, and you have VX Ace in the info under your avatar, this needs to be in that section. If I am wrong, and you are in fact using MV, then please Report this post and ask for it to be moved again. And if you are using MV, that would be why this script is not working.

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Beat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Although you posted this in MV, I am going to assume that, as the script is for Ace, and you have VX Ace in the info under your avatar, this needs to be in that section. If I am wrong, and you are in fact using MV, then please Report this post and ask for it to be moved again. And if you are using MV, that would be why this script is not working.

[move]RGSSx Script Support[/move]
Sorry. I thought I had put it in the correct area since I followed another comment about the same system.

I am getting used to this forum, by the way. But yes, I use VX Ace, I made sure to check that one up at first. I don't know why the skills don't work and all the proposed ideas in other places have been tested and nothing works out.

Beat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is because your subclass is not gaining levels.
Use this addon
https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/6661-est-yanfly-class-system-addon-subclass-gain-exp-learn-skill-trait-etc/
Now your subclass can gain levels and learn skills as they level up.
I will see if this works, but I used with all the levels combined and didn't work either way. Thanks for the info still.

EDIT: Welp, I found the reason. It's funny that it was not the addon put by Roninator that fixed it. I made a battle system that in theory shouldn't have messed with it, but messed with the subclass system. Now I only need to think a way to make the subclass level show in the normal menu. But that's not that important.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.
I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol
"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keyboardjockey