Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings, I'm looking for a script to help create Slaking's special ability from Pokemon; Truant using a state.

Truant means that the person with this ability will have to spend every other turn doing nothing but Loaf about, which does nothing.

Truant is very special state as it cannot ever be removed under any means. If Slaking is switched out and then switched back, Loafing still ocurs if it would be that turn to loaf. Also, if Slaking is knocked out and later brought back to life, if the next turn would be loafing about, it will still proc. It cannot be reset under any circumstances or under any conditions.

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It wouldn't nessicarily have to be a state though? You can do this via a skills where he just does nothing every other turn.
Edit: Unless it's an for an actor.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It wouldn't nessicarily have to be a state though? You can do this via a skills where he just does nothing every other turn.
Edit: Unless it's an for an actor.
It's for an actor.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I haven't tested, but I think you could you use VisuStella Skills and States Core to give this actor a passive state. Make a "Truant" state set to Restriction: Cannot Move, with this in its notebox:
Code:
<JS Passive Condition>
condition = user.turnCount() % 2;
</JS Passive Condition>
If you want it to be the other "every other turn", try this instead:
Code:
<JS Passive Condition>
condition = (user.turnCount() + 1) % 2;
</JS Passive Condition>
Then add this to the actor's notebox, replacing X with the state ID:
Code:
<Passive State: X>
Plugin link:

If it's always a specific actor then you could use troop events instead, but that would require adding 1 or 2 (depending on turn timing) events to every troop. :kaoslp:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I had lots of fun! Kids loved me, and some took pictures. Unfortunately, the videos didn't send... but you'll see Chica in action when I do a trailer for Fandom Scouts!
Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...
rux
Someone please help me make my game.
I need someone to volunteer, I am on my knees man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandini503