True Responsive Game Assets for Fullscreening?

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by JayA, May 13, 2018.

1. JayA

JayA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi all,

I've looked all over, but can't seem to find what I would have thought to be a popular request - a true responsive plugin for RMMV.

All it would need to do is scale my assets (sprites, parallax maps etc.) depending on screen size. For example, my game is defaulted to 1280x720 window size, but I like the idea of allowing fullscreen (or even forcing it!), however currently this stretches all of my assets to twice the size (2560x1440 screen), resulting in blurry assets.

I would love to be able to create my assets at "2x" size (for a 1440p screen size) and have them shrunk to 0.5 size if the user was using windowed mode (at 720p), and scaled up to full size when fullscreened (1080p or 1440p etc.). Either this, OR I would also be happy with being able to provide a normal scale and a 2x scale version and the plugin determine which ones to load based on screen size.

I have no idea how to approach this, and have tried using other similar scaling plugins I've found, but to no avail.

Does anyone know of any plugins like this? Or know how to accomplish this with a custom plugin?

My ideal situation would be to have one set of assets (1440p-based), force fullscreen, and scale the assets based on their resolution. Although I understand this may cause issues in RMMV's engine, as big parallax map files would be 2x size and may cause issues (I've had this happen when testing before).

Would really appreciate any ideas or suggestions at all!

Thanks,
    Jay.

microck and Drifter92 like this.
  2. JayA

JayA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Still unable to find any suitable plugins for this. I did come across SixLoves_Responsive plugin, but I couldn't get it working how I needed (it's a few years old and doesn't really have clear docs).

Anyone got it working? Or has suggestions of other plugins?

3. microck

microck Veteran Veteran

We can find so many plugins for various things (shader, Steam integration, 3D, Mode 7,...) but nothing about a fundamental plugin like "true responsive". Sad.^^

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  4. JayA

JayA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah it's a shame... Are there any developers out there who take requests/commissions? I'd be happy to pay to have one developed.

5. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @JayA We have a Classifieds forum that's for paid work. It's only available when you have 30 meaningful posts. (You can read here why.)

6. JayA

JayA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh okay cool. How active is that forum? Is it likely I'd be able to find a developer to make this plugin?

Also still open to other suggestions and existing plugins if anyone knows of anything. Thanks!