Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Beautiful as always TrueClash!!!  ;)

` I'm sooOOO Excited for the Holy and Dark Weapons!!!  :rswt:

` Elven weapons too? Like leafy greeny ones and viney too?  :rwink:

` OH!!! Don't forget the broken weapon too!! Like old rusty ones. Cracked weapons? a LANCE and SHIELD maybe? Weapons with shield?  :guffaw:

Last edited by a moderator:

Darmok0

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Excellent!! Keep up the great work. It's good to see a variety of different weapons especially magical ones.

Painwheel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
These are great! Thank you so much.
Do you think you can make a scythe o-o? Thx in advance :s

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those weapons look amazing, great job!

Hope to see more great stuff from you in the future. :)

radajin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very nice stuff keep up the good work.

True Clash

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would like to know if you plan on making icons for these? C:

I have no plan of making icons, but if someone else would like to they have my blessing.

These are great! Thank you so much.
Do you think you can make a scythe o-o? Thx in advance :s

There have been a few requests for this on here and other threads. I will eventually give it a shot, but here's my thoughts on scythes.

Making an axe or sword that looks good for a sideview battler is relatively easy in that the current animations work well for them. They are hack and slash weapons. Swing it straight down from overhead and a vertical slash represents them well. Really you'd  be slashing diagonally but for two dimensions it works well enough.

Scythes, on the other hand, are harvesting tools or improvised weapons. They required two hands and are swung in an arc starting from behind the head on the right and end in front of your thighs to the left. There isn't an animation in MV currently that represents this. I could make a scythe with the axe template, but it will look like you are stabbing your foe with the tip of the blade, not slashing them with it. To make a scythe that looks good, it would need to appear to start above and behind the head (doable) then come down to the strike in the second frame, angled slightly towards the screen (tricky but possible,) and the third frame would need it to be angled down in front of the lower half of the MV battler with the blade partially covering it (not currently possible to my knowledge.) I currently do not know a way of doing this, so I couldn't create a scythe I would be satisfied with. So I'm putting scythes on the back burner until I figure out how.

We all remember Magus from Chronotrigger, and how amazing he looked, dashing around with his scythe. Thing is, he had a custom animation for it. That made it work and look as great as it was. So without a custom animation any scythe I make will probably end up being lackluster.

Last edited by a moderator:

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I <3 the "Water" cane!! :)

Fuzzy_Samurai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yo! do you need to edit this before placing it in the game? or just place it on the img folder? sorry for my bad english

Vorrak

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Some good looking weapons here, nice job man.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are great looking sprites as a replacement for Weapon1, however there are no matching Weapon2 sprites, so our actors using maces/rods/two-handed swords are left using the ordinary sprites.

Please think of the actors, when you make more :)

Seriously though, great work.

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
True Clash, i'll be very sure to use these, they're amazing, and i message you when my game is done, your name will be in the credit list, and also giving you a free copy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I made my own pizza. First critique, more chicken next time.
My pumpkin! Anyone like Fallout?

It's not terrible, but could be better. This thing took me over an hour to carve. :kaophew:

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.
"Nightmares exist outside of logic and there's little fun to be had in explanations. They're antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story the victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanation and there shouldn't be one..." - Stephen King
I feel people seek explanation and demand it sometimes in games, but in the horror genre, well, maybe you shouldn't have one. Silent Hill 1 comes to mind...
Managed to implement QSprite.

Always double check your plugin order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elvun