Trying to add a conditional window on the map...

willasian

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried looking for this on the site to no avail, so apologies if this is a topic or a similar topic has been covered.

Anyways, I'm trying to make a plugin where a window is displayed while on the field, but only under certain conditions (it's removed during cut scenes, whatever). I'll attach my current code here for you to look, I'm currently getting the "Cannot read property 'addChild' of undefined" error. I've tried using as similar code as that which is being created to other windows, so I really have no idea where I'm going wrong.

Also, this is the first plugin I've ever tried to create, and I started learning JavaScript less than a week ago. I just wanted to make the new project that I'm working on have my own plugin (even though it's super super basic) so I can start to try to understand how to make more complex stuff.

Also, I'm not actually planning on using any user parameters with this, I know it's in the source code, that's just for fun for me. I'll eventually have variable values in the window.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're almost done with the jam game! :D
I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.
There’s a beehive in my wall
Just finished my midterms! Freedom! Alright, back to gamedev!
I confirmed my train ticket yesterday. I'll be heading to Orlando on the 29th... last time I went, I found this little treasure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zaaaa