Trying to boost weapon damage, but confused

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I am trying to use Himeworks weapon damage to give each weapon a set damage.

I am also using Yanfly's Item Attachable Augmentation script to add the boosts.

The problem is that I want to add the boost a weapon gains to add onto the weapons damage.

For example, a normal sword could do 1-6 damage, while the same sword with a +3 could do 4-9 damage.

Any ideas on how I could implement it?

Last edited:

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're supposed to bump after 48 hours from your last post.

How do you want to do the add on for it? You could Yanfly's Item Core plugin to make weapons independent and add varieties to them and then use the Attachable Augments or Item Upgrade Slots plugins to customize them.

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am using Yanflys Attachable Augments to give boosts to weapons.

Edit: I went to reply to someone, but posted this post by accident

Last edited:

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am using Yanflys Attachable Augments to give boosts to weapons.
Ok so, how are your formulas set up? From the sounds of it a weapon does a set amount of damage and you want augments to increase that damage when attached?

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok so, how are your formulas set up? From the sounds of it a weapon does a set amount of damage and you want augments to increase that damage when attached?
For the attack I am using a code like this

(Math.randomInt(6) + 1) + ((a.atk - 10) * 0.5 + (Whatever the code to call the Weapon's boost in since I don't know it.))

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You shouldn't have to add the weapons boost to the formula seeing as it's not designed to work like that. Have the augment increase the Strength stat by whatever you want and it'll be added to the user's strength. "a.atk" is the user's current attack strength.

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You shouldn't have to add the weapons boost to the formula seeing as it's not designed to work like that. Have the augment increase the Strength stat by whatever you want and it'll be added to the user's strength. "a.atk" is the user's current attack strength.
But that's the thing, by using the weapon damage script by himeworks. It changes it to reflect what code I put in for the weapon.

I want the boost to damage and boost to stats like "a.atk" to be different since certain weapon will use different stats. Some will use "a.def" and one weapon uses the "a.mdf"

That, and because players stats also affect things outside of combat too.

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still trying to figure out how to do this.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this isnt how himeworks weapon damage formula works. or yanfly's attach augments
it cant take an exact increase amount from augments. it can only take stats as a whole.
you would have to have 1 stat that is used in weapon damage formulas ONLY and doesnt increase when characters level up (Luck would be best to use and other plugins can removes lucks default effect from the game)

it seems to me you just trying to make your weapon mechanics to complex.

also when asking for help related to plugins it belongs in plugin support not game engine specific forum and u should include all related plugins in the original post with links to the plugin page so people dont have to look for it to get the relevant info.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this isnt how himeworks weapon damage formula works. or yanfly's attach augments
it cant take an exact increase amount from augments. it can only take stats as a whole.
you would have to have 1 stat that is used in weapon damage formulas ONLY and doesnt increase when characters level up (Luck would be best to use and other plugins can removes lucks default effect from the game)

it seems to me you just trying to make your weapon mechanics to complex.

also when asking for help related to plugins it belongs in plugin support not game engine specific forum and u should include all related plugins in the original post with links to the plugin page so people dont have to look for it to get the relevant info.
Sorry. I guess I thought wrong.
Sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hogogopfu01