trying to create "Habitarium" like game

Siletrea

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
hello! I've just gotten a copy of MV from a good friend of mine after I found I could not create what I wanted in earlier versions of RPGMaker so I'm hoping since MV is new and lots of people love it that I may be able to get some tips,suggestions,help and/or advice for my project!

now this may sound cringe worthy but years and years ago I used to play....Neopets...and my favorite game was Habitarium!
you get little bugs to go around and do little tasks and gather resources so new structures can be built to help support and maintain your little buggies! and I ADORED IT! it was sadly taken down while I was inactive for awhile so its no longer playable...so I'm trying to rebuild it! ...well its mechanics and play-style! I can't use neopets characters and art design that's plagiarism but the concept and how it works? that I can do! ...hopefully! ...with some help!

this game uses:
a realtime clock system that follows your computers time
mouse drag and drop system to assign critters to tasks
3 classes of critters (worker,soldier,nester)
gathering system
completion/task bars
shop using gathered resources as currency
critter lifespans not directly tied to health-bars
random enemy bug attacks that stop all bug tasks to attack the enemy (only soldiers and workers can fight the nesters will flee)
nesting bugs make eggs to bring more critters into the world
drag drop system for placing structures or food/water
resources being gathered even while not playing
critters can die even if game is not played for a long time (few days no food will do that)
send soldier into the wild to try and gain massive amounts of resources with chance of death if the soldier isen't leveled enough

trying to explain this game as simple as it is to play is quite hard...so I'm going to link in videos and the likes to help try and explain this

this is one of the best resources for understanding things http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=habitarium

this has the tutorial in it along with game-play
the whole NP/NC/ friends thing is thrown out the window! that's not a thing for this
habitarium leveling will allow players to get new buildings and decorations and such via leveling up
leveling is done by taking care of your pets till they die(longer life more XP)...buying stuff...getting tasks done

I personally think from my own experience playing the game that I'll need a real-time system with a gathering/working system a click drag system a critter based leveling system that's specific per bug a class system generated via hatching an egg and a shop that takes multiple forms of currency

does anyone know of any plugins that would combine together to get this to work? or is anyone else a nostalgic habitarium fan?...that bychance knows how to code?

any help is highly appreciated!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a very specific request and much more complex than most requests. I highly doubt there are pluginS (note the use of the plural) out there that do specifically what you want. And because of the complexity (this is basically like building an entire mini engine with many functionalities that are not present in MV), I highly doubt someone will do it for free. Your best bet is probably to hire someone or to learn to code.

Siletrea

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
This is a very specific request and much more complex than most requests. I highly doubt there are pluginS (note the use of the plural) out there that do specifically what you want. And because of the complexity (this is basically like building an entire mini engine with many functionalities that are not present in MV), I highly doubt someone will do it for free. Your best bet is probably to hire someone or to learn to code.
oh dear..do you know of any plugins that could at least get me started? I'm autistic and have been trying to learn code with 0 success over multiple years...so unless I can cobble something up from preexisting then I'm hooped
eventing only gets me so far and sadly that and a bit of spritework is all I can do
anything at all plugin/script wise would be helpful!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry I can't help much. I don't know much about the free plugins since I usually write my own. You can perhaps look into the popular free plugin libraries:
- Yanfly
- SumRdmDde
- MogHunter
- Galv

Those are just some of the coders that have a lot of free plugins. There are tons of other plugins, so the search can be quite long. Let's hope someone knows a plugin you could use and post it.

Siletrea

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Sorry I can't help much. I don't know much about the free plugins since I usually write my own. You can perhaps look into the popular free plugin libraries:
- Yanfly
- SumRdmDde
- MogHunter
- Galv

Those are just some of the coders that have a lot of free plugins. There are tons of other plugins, so the search can be quite long. Let's hope someone knows a plugin you could use and post it.
thank you very much! I'll look into this!
also I'm jealous of the fact that you can code you lucky buggy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.
Stream will be live shortly! Tonight will be the PREMIERE of Killer 7 for the first half of the stream, and at half-stream, we will switch to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Watching the launch, I felt a sort of detached excitement. Usually I'd think something like this would be extremely exciting. I'm fascinated by space exploration and am a big Sci-Fi fan. I guess it's just current events.
What did everyone else think about it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrrupption