JOEMEGA

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Last Rpg Maker I used extensively was VX Ace so it's certainly been a while. I received MZ as a b-day gift and wanted to find something similar to what Yanfly had made in the past, that's how I came upon the VisuStella plugins.

I'm trying to get the portraits to show in the menu using the core plugins found here: (http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Main_Menu_Core_VisuStella_MZ). I can get the portrait layout to work fine, but it's showing the 'face' files instead in the menu. I'm only using the default files to learn the ropes before I dive into a big project. I'm trying to learn the core plugins before I go on.

In the plugin parameters menu, the options I have for Status Graphic are 'face', 'sprite', 'side-view battler' and 'none'. Is this function somehow overriding the Plugin Command that's trying to pull the portrait shot?

I'll add the screenshots for how I have it set up too. Any help would be appreciated, and if I need to move this to a different forum, I apologize.

Attachments

• Plugin_Command.PNG
    Plugin_Command.PNG
    56.5 KB · Views: 2
  • PLugin_Parameters.PNG
    PLugin_Parameters.PNG
    104.9 KB · Views: 2

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
From the docs on the plugin:
<Menu Portrait: filename> - Used for: Actor - This is used with the "Portrait" style Main Menu List. - Sets the menu image for the actor to 'filename'. - Replace 'filename' with a picture found within your game project's img/pictures/ folder. Filenames are case sensitive. Leave out the filename extension from the notetag.

You'll want to put the filename for the actual portrait in the notetag for the actor.

JOEMEGA

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm face palming pretty hard, thank you for that! I completely missed that

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The worst feeling in the world is going for a walk on a nice summer day, seeing an ice cream truck, and realizing you don't have any money with you :(
Mike running through an area that's influenced by his thoughts, thus his drawings are infused into the land.
We're playing Omori by OMOCAT starting at 2pm est :D
Hi there! Do you actively use your Itch.io account? How do you use it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Draker95