Trying to implement Enemy Chase?

TheGeneral50

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone, trying to figure out another minor game bug issue that I want to correct before moving forward with my Game Prototype testing? Right now I'm working on having enemy npcs chase after the protagonist character in my test stage, however, I'm having two weird issues occur. First, the being that the enemy character won't move from there designated location ((which is the least of the weird issues presented)). The second being that the sprite for this enemy character changes to the bandit sprite for no apparent reason?
Enemy_Chase_Issue 1.JPG
Enemy_Chase_Issue 2.JPG
Enemy_Chase_Issue 3.JPG
Enemy_Chase_Issue 4.JPG
Enemy_Chase_Issue 5.JPG (Before game testing)
Enemy_Chase_Issue 6.JPG (During Game Testing)

Once this situation is resolved, then I should be moving nicely along in creating a prototype test of my RPG Maker VX Ace horror game prototype.

Attachments

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't get the need for so many events...you can just chose to put the event that you want to move to chase the player...on autonomous movement just put "aproach"...if you want to trigger by the player just put an event on "player touch" that triggers an event (called "chase" for example) on the location that you want the chase to start and make the "autonomous movement = aproach" start when "chase" is on...be careful when using parallel process...these events start idependently of character imput...

Edit: also put the character that will follow you when chase is on in parallel process..if you put it on "action button" it will only trigger when you interact with it

Now for the sprite changing...be sure that you selected the middle sprite on the spreadsheet...always...because otherwise when it moves it will select the sprite next to it...that's why there are 3 of them next to each other

TheGeneral50

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't get the need for so many events...you can just chose to put the event that you want to move to chase the player...on autonomous movement just put "aproach"...if you want to trigger by the player just put an event on "player touch" that triggers an event (called "chase" for example) on the location that you want the chase to start and make the "autonomous movement = aproach" start when "chase" is on...be careful when using parallel process...these events start idependently of character imput...

Edit: also put the character that will follow you when chase is on in parallel process..if you put it on "action button" it will only trigger when you interact with it

Now for the sprite changing...be sure that you selected the middle sprite on the spreadsheet...always...because otherwise when it moves it will select the sprite next to it...that's why there are 3 of them next to each other
Yep, that did it, not sure why so many RPG Maker VX ace tutorials suggest adding so many events to get those outcomes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This video really speaks to me...

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the interactive text adenture! Feel free to drop by!
I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D
Update... no scam calls all day. I think they learned their lesson. And I'm working on a fake anti-piracy video, featuring a fan game I'm making in MV. If I had the permission to make the game a licensed game that I could sell (rather than having it totally free like fan games are required to be), I'd use a really cool anti-piracy screen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghact