Trying to install rpg maker xp not from steam.

wbthehero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English US
Primarily Uses
RMXP
So I purchased rpg maker xp on steam but steam is not supported by older windows versions so I want to download it from the website of rpg maker but it says I have to buy it again how do I get around this?Screenshot_20210418-175112.pnghere is the proof I own the game on steam.
I hope someone could help get this to download from the rpg maker website without having to buy it agen. Thanks in advance

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dude, are you still using Windows XP or Vista?

wbthehero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English US
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I have windows 10 but that computer broke so all I have now is xp

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, if you purchased it from Steam, you can only download it from Steam.

wbthehero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English US
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Oh ok... That sucks bucuse I have to save up money for a car and then I don't want to pay for something I already own.

Why can't you post a key code for the demo to type in in my private messages on my account so no one else gets it?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because the Steam key only works for steam. Nobody on this forum can give you a code as that would be piracy and get you both banned.

We can ask @Touchfuzzy and @Tea's Jams if there's anything that can be done, but in the past, a purchase from Steam can only be activated on Steam, and a purchase from the web store can only be activated on the web store. MAYBE you can get your Steam version refunded as you've only used it for a few hours.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Have you checked for Steam compatibility? I know there's a beta thing for running older makers in Linux, there might be something for running a program in an older Windows.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just install windows 10, unless that machine is too old to support it.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Installing Win 10 may be your best bet, but in any case, if you're still having issues, please submit a ticket to support.

Support

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TELESHOCK_RPG