fatDavidZ

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm new to RMMV, so may need some HELP.
I'm thinking of making a spinoff game for Genshin Impact called "Genshin Imagine". I like the worldview and the character design of the game, but I quitted the game a few weeks ago because it gets boring and the plot is just predictable. I can literally imagine what the future plot can be, so I think it would be interesting if I can make a story-based RPG with RMMV that has more interesting features and plots.

Here are my ideas
  • Element-based battle system: Though it will be a story-based game, I want to keep the element system. I think I can do that with states, but I am not sure if it will look cool.
  • Main quest + Branch tasks + Character stories: I want to keep the mission system in Genshin Impact, but I want to make branch tasks and character stories more important or interesting to play. The idea is to give players choices when doing branch tasks that may influence the plot of the task and the reward they get. I also want to make a special system for the Constellation system in my game.
  • Character and constellation: Since the game will be free to play, I guess I do not need to make character stories so fancy. Basically, you can get a character by finishing the first part of his/her story, and you can get extra constellations when you finish more of the story. I think the idea is cool, but I guess I will need to customize a new menu page for that. NOT GOOD AT IT!!!
  • Plot: I do not love the plot of Genshin Impact. A lot of people have been praising its plot. I mean it is true that they have good character design, but the plot is just, as I said, predictable. Let me make my prediction here: everyone in the game is good, even the Fatui, and you are gonna end up fighting Paimon or your sibling that leads to a reunion of the siblings or a sad ending that kills the brother or the sister. I mean, why does everyone have to be good? I think a villain can be liked if he/she has good reasons and interesting personality. Take Childe as an example, he has strong power, cool setting and fine backstory. He can be a the leader of a bunch of murderers and a good brother at the same time, but it seem to me that miHoyo is weakening the 'Fatui' side of him and showing him as a chill guy to hang out with. You don't have to make everyone good guys, right? Also, there are very different cultures in Genshin Impact, including Mondstadt which is basically German, and Liyue which is basically China. I feel like they are different arcs in animes or mangas that are not very well done because the characters in different countries do not interfere with each other a lot. It would be quite interesting to show the cultural difference between countries by introducing some more Liyue characters in the Mondstadt arc and having some participation of Mondstadt knights in Liyue.
These are the basic ideas, and I do need some help:
  • Actor images: DEFINITELY the most urgent task. Character generator is not enough. Since I will eventually need some help, it is better to start getting help from the beginning. Mondstadt is fine with built-in generator, but I am not satisfied, not to mention the Liyue part of the thing. (Tileset for Chinese cities needed as well)
  • Better plugin recommendations: Element-based battle system may work with states, but I think it would take up a lot of space if I use states and events to do this. If there are similar plugins that include element reactions or something like that, it would be really helpful.

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
you can just make a visual novel, i think there are already plenty of spinoffs for this game. Just make a dungeon crawler, until you fight Paimon, the emergency food. A simple endless dungeon would be nice. the game is just normal, charge atk, ele skil, ele burst. you can just keep the elemental reactions for the feel. but the swap battle system + artifacts may get complicated.
elemental reactions can just be simplified, no need to really imlpement the exact swirl overload shatter.. free melt, vap, reverse melt / vap, are enough, there really few monsters in the game.

maybe you can use the cute sprites from past web events.

Neptrone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
or perhaps replicating game completely using MV3D ? i know this is need lot of massive optimization.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just wanted to say that that's totally not how the plot goes and you're missing tons of details like lore and worldbuilding that's in the game too.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Went to get a haircut today, and the lady cut my hair too short... Well I suppose with the pandemic I'm not going out a lot, but it still feels a bit uncomfortable.
For real, they didn't tell me anything about THAT dragon bomber before. It could be the greatest invention since sliced bread, that's for sure!
Random Thought: Team Visustella has become the Power Rangers of RPG Maker, and Yanfly is their Zordon.
Can house furniture be used as a weapon?
Took our dogs on a walk and someone asked if our smallest one was a gueanie pig ((however it's spelt))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zavin_Smeargle