Trying to make a hunger, energy, karma system with CCTS

Randommerade

All those years, outside looking in...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm trying to make a hunger, thirst, and karma system using this guide to make the HUD and such, but rather than the system going by the number of steps to deplete hunger and thirst, I wanted to use this time system script so that your hunger and thirst deplete as the hours go by, and that karma raises/decreases depending on your actions in the game.

I'm a little stuck. I have the HUD graphics made, but I have no idea where to go from there  >_>  Could someone help out? Thanks a ton in advance.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can all easily be evented yourself.

Actually, why don't you go ahead and donate $12 to Humble Bundle to score the Rural Farm Tiles resource pack - it includes a graphic based HUD with a working time system. You can tweak it so that it shows your own HUD graphics, as well as have it deplete HP/MP through time.

Also I want to point out the script you linked was a script for RPG Maker XP, and the tutorial you linked is for VX Ace, so I'm assuming you have VX Ace, in which case that script won't work with the program.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can all easily be evented yourself.

Actually, why don't you go ahead and donate $12 to Humble Bundle to score the Rural Farm Tiles resource pack - it includes a graphic based HUD with a working time system. You can tweak it so that it shows your own HUD graphics, as well as have it deplete HP/MP through time.
Well I know it can be evented but I'm not sure how to go about it XD

Also I can't purchase it now because I'm under 18 and don't have a credit card/Paypal/means of buying stuff online, so I'll look into it when my mom gets home, and I was looking for something to use with the time system script available anyway rather than buying something new. I mean I'll definitely look into it if I can't, but for now I'll try this :p Thanks for the advice anyway.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you sure you can use it though ... ? Like I pointed out, it's for XP.

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are you sure you can use it though ... ? Like I pointed out, it's for XP.
The engine I'm using is XP, which I tagged this thread with :p

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woops, didn't notice the tag. My bad. That means you can't use my evented time system either way.

Anyways, if you use that script, you can use variables for the hour/minute/day whatever. In combination with those variables, you can have a common event set to parallel process check what hour it is, and subtract your HP/MP (which is hunger/thirst for you). You'd need one extra variable for this. Create a conditional branch in your common event; check if variable Hour is greater than Variable X. Variable X will be a a variable you pick out yourself, call it Temporary Hour or something. If true, subtract HP/MP, and set variable Temporary Hour to variable Hour.

When you start out your game, you must set variable Temporary Hour to variable Hour only once. This is so that the variable doesn't stay at 0 forever, it needs to start with the same value as your hour variable is. That way you can tell whether the hour has increased or not.

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Woops, didn't notice the tag. My bad. That means you can't use my evented time system either way.

Anyways, if you use that script, you can use variables for the hour/minute/day whatever. In combination with those variables, you can have a common event set to parallel process check what hour it is, and subtract your HP/MP (which is hunger/thirst for you). You'd need one extra variable for this. Create a conditional branch in your common event; check if variable Hour is greater than Variable X. Variable X will be a a variable you pick out yourself, call it Temporary Hour or something. If true, subtract HP/MP, and set variable Temporary Hour to variable Hour.

When you start out your game, you must set variable Temporary Hour to variable Hour only once. This is so that the variable doesn't stay at 0 forever, it needs to start with the same value as your hour variable is. That way you can tell whether the hour has increased or not.
Okay, thanks so much! :)

Randommerade

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry to double post, but it's been a few days... how do I get my HUD graphics to show up, and deplete according to the time?

Here's what I have for HUD graphics

Base

Hunger

Energy

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyles85