Trying to make a mercy system

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so I have a new idea that I want to implement into my game. However I don't know if it is possible without scripting/codeing.

I want to make a mercy system.

EX: After battle there is a chance that one of the enemies will stick around, and trigger an event in which you re-enter the battle scene with only that enemy present, a dialogue occurs where the enemy begs for mercy, and you can choose to give that mercy, or execute the enemy. Either choice results in getting a rare drop that enemy has. I want this event to have a x% chance of occuring. It will be different for different enemies. Would this be possible with available resources? Or would it have to be scripted/coded into the engine?

Thank You;

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can always use overworld enemies with battle processing(instead of random encounters)...thia way there is always an option for "winning" the battle and one for "escaping"...you add events after each one...like dialog and options...also you can just change the "escape" skill to "mercy" so it would trigger the "escape" part of the battle processing and put the desired "mercy" event there....

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry about posting in the wrong place. I wasn't sure which forum to use for this issue.

I thought about using overworld enemies, I don't know how to figure out percentages though. There is no mercy system for my characters, it only affects enemies, and it's chance of triggering is different for every enemy.

I also only want the event to execute once in a while. Like a 10% chance of the event happening after a battle. I don't know if I can do % chance with this program though, without scripting or codeing.

Also each enemy in the game would have to execute the event themselves, and it would have different odds of happening from each enemy, so the common event would have to somehow be connected to the enemy being defeated. I also only want one enemy to be able to do this at a time.

Meaning I don't want 2+ enemies executing their mercy event at the same time from one battle. Only one enemy per battle would be able to do this.

Thank Again for any help. If it won't work it's okay. I will just have to leave it out of the game, though it does somewhat play an important roll in how the game ends. However I can change that if need be.

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you know how to use conditional branches and variables with random numbers? That's how you create random events in rpg maker....create a new variable (lets call it "mercy") and set it to a random number between 1-10

then add a conditional branch like: If "mercy" = 1 then (event that you whant happens)
leave all the other 9 possibilities blank...there you go...the event will only trigger if number 1 is hit and it has a 10% chance

add that after the battle with each enemy...and after the event is done set it to 0 again automaticaly....set it to 0 every time to prevent it happening automaticaly before the battle happens...

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will give that a try. Thank You Very much. I'll let you know if it works.

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do have another question now, since I've progressed a bit further in development.

When I change class I want to forget all abilities from the previous class that was active, and activate all available abilities for the class changed to. I know it can be done 1 at a time, but is there a way to forget all abilities from that class, until I switch back into it?

That when I switch back to that class all previous abilities that class had are available again?

My game has 30 classes. I don't want to make every class change event have to turn off all abilities from all other classes one at a time, than enable the abilities for the new class one at a time. It would become really annoying really fast. Considering each class has 8 abilities it can use in battle, I don't want to have to potentially disable over 200 abilities every time I change class. 1 at a time.

Thank You;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor