Trying to make a weapon imbued with certain elements, like Fire.

Nico Kaneo

Newb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello. I am trying to make it so weapons one character is using will be imbued with a certain element, like Fire, Ice, or Lightning. I have a Mage who will be able to do this, in battle. In the editor, I set up the skill to give the character fire physical attacks. But I also want to be able to change the animation of the swing to that of fire, as well as inflict burning damage when used on enemies. How do I do this?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yanfly's Weapon Animation plugin may be worth checking out. It gives you various notetags (which can be added to states, among other things) to change the attack animation or the image and/or hue of the weapon sprite.

I assume by "inflict burning damage" you mean a damage-over-time (DoT) effect? If you've already got the burning DoT state set up, try adding an Attack State trait to your "imbue" state; this will be applied via any skill featuring the Add State: Normal Attack trait.

Veno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this what you're looking for?
You can simple select a different animation for the weapon, and set a trait so it attacks with a specific element. Are you trying to make it so that character (regardless of weapon) does that with their attacks? You can also add an attack-element into the traits of the characters as well so all the weapons they yield have that trait (unless a weapon they carry overrides it)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Aaaaannd published my game's tech demo. :D

Feel free to download and play it. And give feedback!
Hey everyone, we know that the edit bar is missing. We're working on it. You can talk about it in the announcement here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/forum-errors-missing-edit-bar-etc.132715/
So, explain why we can no longer use BBC code or smilies in our posts? This sparks much sadness...
Are we now stuck with WYSIWYG ? I cannot revert back my posts to good old raw text ?
I'm wondering if I may be putting too many things into one map. A story, within a story, within a story . . . it's fun, but I can't shake the feeling that it may be better to scrap some of it, and use it for another map. I'm not sure what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nachteulen