Trying to make an ability or item require usage of multiple other abilities

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Title makes it sound a bit confusing, but this is what I am trying to do.

My game has classes, and it works on a tier system. Once you used abilities from one class a certain amount of times. It unlocks a new class.

My problem is, some classes need the usage of specific attacks to unlock. Most classes any ability from a lower tier class will add to the variable, until the new class in unlocked.

However some classes need two variables to increase, before it can be unlocked.

For Example: Class 1 must use a Fire Spell x number of times, Class 2 must use a physical attack skill x number of times. Class 3 will only unlock when both skills have reached the necessary number of uses.

The problem I have is if I create 1 variable to unlock the new class, it is unlocking when either one of the necessary skills reaches it's usage requirement, so I need to create two separate variables, one for each skill and both have to be correct to unlock the new class, but I can't figure out how to make one event require two separate variables to activate.

I hope that makes sense. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You;

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the solution depends on what you're using to activate those classes, so a screenshot of whatever it is would help.

if you're talking about event conditions, then the second variable should be checked with conditional branches - but how exactly again depends on how your class system works. Are you using one of the class plugins or did you event that or what?

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the solution depends on what you're using to activate those classes, so a screenshot of whatever it is would help.

if you're talking about event conditions, then the second variable should be checked with conditional branches - but how exactly again depends on how your class system works. Are you using one of the class plugins or did you event that or what?
I am executing the class changes with an item. The variables meeting the correct condition executes and event that gives you the item, that is used to change the class.

I think I figured out how to make it work though. If I use a Conditional Branch to execute an IF/Else statement. I'm thinking I can have either skill execute a common event once it reaches the necessary uses. This event would check what the other skills variable is currently at. If the usage number is to low it would execute the else statement, which doesn't do anything. However If the usage number is higher than or equal to the required usage. The IF statement would than execute the event, that gives me the item. That allows me to change the class.

Do you think that would work?

Thank You.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it should work if done correctly, but your descriptions sounds as if you're tring to make it more complex than needed - I would have everything in one event. But again without some screenshots of how your events and counting works I can't really judge if there are better ways.

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank You for replying. I tried it the way I described above, and I did get it to work that way. However I realized by doing it the way I did. That I could do it with one event, so I tried it a different way, using one event, and I got it to work that way as well.

Thank You;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor