Trying to make windmill of Pandamaru work, but I just dont know how

Masterbrge

Summoner
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, Im a complete new soul in this world of rpgmaker. I had been using some tutorials and my little brain to advance by creating the game what I had been focused to do since a lot of time ago (but that I hadnt tried to do until now). I have the story, the knowledge, and a grammar who makes me dont look like I am a baby with a keyboard (or at least that is what I think).

Well, going to the central point, I had been trying to make the game better by using animations, putting models outside the generic ones that the program gives, and similar, and after a lot of hours (like 3 mn googling rpg maker free resources), i found some ones that look attractive to me.
One of this, is the Pandamaru windmill, who I, as a noob on this field, believe that the animation was included or something like that (what a complete fool). Only to find that the windmill, not only is short by pieces, but also that, I cant just comprehend how to make it become an animation who works. Not only because the graphic makes my little square of event looks like a child, but also because I think I broke the image or something, because I just cant found what should I do to make it become one with the windmill tileset. Can somebody pls give me a hint, tutorial or something so I can stop hitting my head against the wall?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please try to make your posts less wordy and get right to the point of your issue. There is so much "story" there that I'm not sure how many issues you have, or where to start looking for a solution.

What do you mean "is short by pieces"?
What do you mean by "makes my little square of event looks like a child"?
What do you mean "make it become one with the windmill tileset"?

Please show screenshots that highlight each of these things, then we can help you.

Masterbrge

Summoner
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello there, my fellow, I should ask you for a apology for such disaster that I had made on this post, but I was a little tired and I say nothing more than non-sense words to explain my problem. But as you ask, I will be glad to make the problem more concise and clear.

I downloaded some assets from the user Pandamaru, with the hope to use them on my project, but I found some problems that maybe can be very ridicolous for such a knowledge man as yours, but for me, a simple novice on this program, are quite a big rock on the path of what I'm trying to do.

Asset molino.PNG

If you look, this is the Tileset that I had downloaded, who is the basic windmill, without nothing more than what was already included. So atleast, my mind had been capable of complete the work in using the tileset in a correct way.

My big problem is the next: The blades.
aspas.PNG
As you can see on the image, they are not usable as an event nor as tileset.
I know that they are not a tileset, because if I'm right, they need to be configured as animation (Who is what I'm looking to do, to make my game look less than just a basic thing).
This problem is not something new that had happen in some graphics and characters that I had downloaded.
actor.PNG
As you can see here, this model is one that already came with the program of rpg maker vx ace, but I don't even known how to use it in a correct way.

I just ask for any type of help, in how I should correct this graphics or use them, because I'm completely lost and I had already wasted two days looking for an answer on internet, but find nothing more than just some examples of the windmill working, without explanations or even some explanation but in languages that I should say, I dont control or understand not even in the most basic way.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the blades, you need to put a $ at the beginning of the file name. The face image is in the wrong file folder, it should be in faces, not characters, as it is not formatted to be a character sheet.

You probably also want an ! at the beginning of the blade file, otherwise it will sit up 6 pixels higher than you expect and will likely look a bit off from what you want it too.

edit: Faces may not be the right folder for the face graphic, as the standard for those has 8 graphics on a sheet. You may need to put it in pictures and use a busy plugin or script. I’m not on my computer at the moment though so I can’t check.

Masterbrge

Summoner
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Could you help me providing the script and if possible a guide that you recommend? I had been looking some guides here and in other sites about the scripts, but I still feel insecure about how to use them and create them.

Also, how do you recommend me to use the blades? as an event or something else? I will be glad to receive any tipe of answer.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As for the blades, yes, set them as an event graphic. It’s hard to tell without seeing the full image, but it looks as if you set them to “walking” it will show as animated. But I can’t be certain.

I’m guessing you’re using Ace, so I’d recommend going to RGSS3 Script Releases and searching for a bust script. A good script will have detailed instructions on how to make it work. Again, I’m not on my computer right now, so I’m not going to search through them. Also, I’ve never used busts with Ace, so I don’t have personal experience with them.

If you need further help finding one after you search, post in Script Requests. If you find one, but need help using it, post in Script Support.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the windmill, you'll need to check the Stepping Animation box on the event page, to make the blades turn. $ at the start of the filename is correct. I'm not sure if it needs the ! or not. You may need to move the event up or down a few tiles to get it in the right position (start by placing it at the base of the building, then adjust as needed). If moving the event gets it almost to the right place, but it's just a few pixels off, then add a ! to the start of the filename if it isn't there already, or remove it if you do have it there.

Masterbrge

Summoner
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks to both, I used your knowledge and fixed not only the windmill but also some other archives that had the samme issue. Now, talking about the windmill again. I made it work, and all, but I think that it's looks weird and not as vivid as I expected. There is any way to make it look less mechanical as it looks in the video?

I even tried an script that I found on german, but it was for other motor of rpg and I wasted a lot of hours trying to make it work xD.

The video of the windmill:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is unfortunately the downside to RPG Maker's 3 frame animation for sprites. To be more smooth looking, it would need more animation frames and to use a script to accommodate more animation frames.

The best you can do with it as it is, is to play with the speed and frequency of the movement to see if it helps.

MacacoEP

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Armenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I had this problem once, but for RMMV, here is what i do.

You need a plugin for this and the !$Windmill image (download the image I edited).
I used the plugin "Galv's Move Route Extras" (https://galvs-scripts.com/2015/10/24/mv-move-route-extras/)

First, you will create an event and select the first column of the windmill image.
Select the custom route and do as image below:
Select movement command, script, and write this: this.sswitch('A',true);
wm1.png

Now create a new event page, select self switch A and select the second column of the windmill image.
Select movement command, script, and write this: this.sswitch('B',true);
wm2.png
Last, create a new event page, select self switch B and select the third column of the windmill image.
Select movement command, script, and write this: this.sswitch('A',false);
Again, select movement command, script, and write this: this.sswitch('B',false);
wm3.png

Now the image is not perfect, but it looks much more smoother.

Attachments

• !$Windmill.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Masterbrge

Summoner
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry but I hadnt been on my home for more than week, so I didnt had time until now to answer, or to be more precise, to ask. That plugin work on vx ace or only on mv? I didnt understand and still have some doubts about plugins so I searched and looks like vx ace dont use plugins, and only scripts, but Im still not 100% sure about this. So Im asking before I make a mess or something with the plugin that you shared.

MacacoEP

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Armenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry but I hadnt been on my home for more than week, so I didnt had time until now to answer, or to be more precise, to ask. That plugin work on vx ace or only on mv? I didnt understand and still have some doubts about plugins so I searched and looks like vx ace dont use plugins, and only scripts, but Im still not 100% sure about this. So Im asking before I make a mess or something with the plugin that you shared.
Sorry, i never used the VX ACE, but i think you still can follow this tutorial.
You need to download this version: https://galvs-scripts.com/2013/03/11/move-route-extras/

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Required plugin: Bind Pictures to Map

1. Create a file which has the windmill blades in it. It should be perfectly square, i.e. 251x251 pixels or similar, and the centre of the blades needs to be dead centre of the image.

2. Save this to Pictures folder.

3. In a new event, as an autorun, do:

- Show picture: ORIGIN centre, your blades image, at the X,Y you desire
- Rotate picture: speed 1

4. Call the bind pictures to map function (whichever plugin is used. Probably TDDP https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/bind-pictures-to-map.46776/)

5. Call self switch A ON

6. Create a new event page in this event, requirement Self Switch A = ON, with no graphic.

The effect is this which is quite nice. (My centre is off slightly because it was a quick job, hence the jump)

Attachments

• windmill2.gif
    windmill2.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skybola188