Trying to post a demo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AxelNinjaGamer, Sep 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AxelNinjaGamer

AxelNinjaGamer Random Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I've been trying to post a demo of a project, but I can't for the life of me figure out how. I am aware that I need to post it off site and post a link, but I'm having trouble finding a site to use and I can't figure out how to compress everything together, If anyone could tell me the steps that you go through when uploading and preparing a demo I would apreciate it. *sorry for bad spelling...if any*

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For a downloadable demo, just zip it into a single file archive and upload that somewhere (MV), or use the "compress archive" function in Ace if you're using Ace.

For an online playable demo (MV only) you'll need a Website where you have FTP access, which usually means one you paid for.

3. AxelNinjaGamer

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the advice

4. .//SnowAlias

.//SnowAlias Do'er of Things Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Since it's a demo, depending on the size of your game you can upload it to a file hosting site if the FTP option isn't possible right now. They usually cap uploads at around 1gb. My suggestion would be to get a Dropbox or google drive, upload the .zip or setup file of your game there and paste a direct link to wherever you're posting your demo. If I'm not wrong you can also keep track of how many times the file was downloaded, which can come in handy.

5. AxelNinjaGamer

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the advice, However I have already done this I was able to bring my demo to around 700 Mb as opposed to 2.8 GB most of which was unused default assets. I have also figured out how to use google drive to post my demo...please look out for it if you so wish to.