AxelNinjaGamer

Random Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've been trying to post a demo of a project, but I can't for the life of me figure out how. I am aware that I need to post it off site and post a link, but I'm having trouble finding a site to use and I can't figure out how to compress everything together, If anyone could tell me the steps that you go through when uploading and preparing a demo I would apreciate it. *sorry for bad spelling...if any*

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For a downloadable demo, just zip it into a single file archive and upload that somewhere (MV), or use the "compress archive" function in Ace if you're using Ace.

For an online playable demo (MV only) you'll need a Website where you have FTP access, which usually means one you paid for.

AxelNinjaGamer

Random Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For a downloadable demo, just zip it into a single file archive and upload that somewhere (MV), or use the "compress archive" function in Ace if you're using Ace.

For an online playable demo (MV only) you'll need a Website where you have FTP access, which usually means one you paid for.
Thank you for the advice

.//SnowAlias

Do'er of Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since it's a demo, depending on the size of your game you can upload it to a file hosting site if the FTP option isn't possible right now. They usually cap uploads at around 1gb. My suggestion would be to get a Dropbox or google drive, upload the .zip or setup file of your game there and paste a direct link to wherever you're posting your demo. If I'm not wrong you can also keep track of how many times the file was downloaded, which can come in handy.

AxelNinjaGamer

Random Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since it's a demo, depending on the size of your game you can upload it to a file hosting site if the FTP option isn't possible right now. They usually cap uploads at around 1gb. My suggestion would be to get a Dropbox or google drive, upload the .zip or setup file of your game there and paste a direct link to wherever you're posting your demo. If I'm not wrong you can also keep track of how many times the file was downloaded, which can come in handy.
Thank you for the advice, However I have already done this I was able to bring my demo to around 700 Mb as opposed to 2.8 GB most of which was unused default assets. I have also figured out how to use google drive to post my demo...please look out for it if you so wish to.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

A certain person better sell his stock while he still can, because it looks like it's going to take an unrecoverable nose dive.
7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsmason