Trying to "Show Animation" on a random timer.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, I'm struggling to figure out a way to to play an animation randomly. It's just bubbles coming from the ground, and I'd like them to happen at random times, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I've got as far getting a "Control Variable" but I'm not really sure where to declare the variable first, and second, I don't know how to make a "wait" command to use this random number variable. Thanks in advance.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can do something like this:

(parallel process)
set Variable random = random
FORK if random = 5
show Animation
ENDFORK
wait 1 sec

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

WOuld you mind walking me through that. I haven't used RPGM since 2k3 and I never really got into using code, although I do understand some logic since I used gamemaker for a while. So I create an event that's a parallel process, then run a script with these commands? I've never seen Fork used so excuse my ignorance.

(parallel process)
set Variable random = random
FORK if random = 5
show Animation
ENDFORK
wait 1 sec

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oh wow, just got word the police are looking for an armed suspect within a 2 block radius of my office. Super glad I'm not there right now. :kaoswt:
Sheila Nagase

same caption as before. :3
"Be as honest as you possibly can as often as you can. It makes your lies much easier to believe."
Each new game means new ways to survive and you need to adapt when you have 10 different stores with lots of items for your adventure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phslprj