Trying to translate a game but there is a problem

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings. I am trying to translate a game that was made with RPG Maker MV. It's a Japanese game and I'm trying to translate it into English. The thing is, whenever I write the letter "i", it transforms into a pink heart. However, any variation of this letter doesn't have this problem. For example, I, î, ï or even í. How can I solve this problem please? For now, I decided to use í as a replacement but it's really ugly, it makes the text uneven. What should I do? Please help me.

Thank you.

Attachments

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, how you are translating this? You are using any plugin to this or just open the text boxes and changing the texts?
If you can, send a list(screenshot) of your plugin manager.
Because it's probably a plugin feature.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The dialogue files are all in a folder called "scenario". They are all Js files. I use something called JS Decoder to transform them into text files, I edit them with Notepad, I use JS Decoder to transform them back into JS files and I put them back in the scenario folder.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay forget it, I actually found a way to get it working. But now the sound of the game is...Unusual. The voices don't play as they should, sometimes they do but sometimes they break or stop completely. Little sound effects such as an opening door don't play 9 out of 10 times too. I thought I ****ed up something in my game so I tried with a fresh, raw copy of the game. And I still have those problems. How is that even remotely possible?

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I don't know anything about this JS decoder at all. So I can't help you.
I can tell for sure that is nothing to do related to the engine MV.
It is something about your process using these tools/methods.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen