Trying to understand how rpgmaker vx ace understands things

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by dippingamli, Dec 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. dippingamli

dippingamli Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I hope no one minds and I appreciate any resources but.

Ok so I'm editing sprites for actors or tilesets and I'm trying to figure out how rpgmaker vx ace understands why this part of the .png image makes something in the engine.

Like I want to use bigger actor sprites, how do I make a .png for this? Is there a simpler way? Thank you. Sorry if this could be answered easily somewhere I'm looking up videos but I'll keep looking on Google as well.

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This should help you understand how it reads sprites and how to make larger ones.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/sprite-sheet-formats-and.63612/

With the exception of A1-A4 timesheets, tiles are simply based on a grid of 32x32 cells.

A1-A4 are what are called autotiles and are more complex. There’s a good blog on their construction called Anatomy of an Autotile, if you google it.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To use bigger actor sprites, just make the sprites bigger.

The filename still has to follow the requirements in the link above - just make each cell larger, and each cell has to be the same size.

The full sprite will not show on an event in the editor, but it will when you play the game.