The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,
I can't tell why your followers doesn't appear. Normally, they should.

As for character images that contains '!', they should be reflected too. But maybe not correctly depending on what the image represent. When a character face a mirror (looking up), the reflection is in the opposite direction (looking down) so if you set an image from a non character sheet like 'Flame' or 'Switch1' the reflection might not display the correct image (direction).
But that's an easy fix, so I'll do it in the next version. Thanks for bringing this to my attention :thumbsup-right:

Same for bigger image identified with '$', the reflection should appear but not correctly framed. Again, that's en easy fix for the next version.

I've also noticed that bigger sprites won't reflect too.
But you said 'won't reflect too' as nothing appear at all, like your followers..? That's not normal. As I said followers should appear by default and event with ! or $ image should appear too (not correctly but you should see something...).

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce what you reported, even in a blank project so I'm unable to offer much help, sorry.
I will make the changes mentioned above, though.

Galkamik

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for getting back to me @TSR

So I tried testing it further and something interesting is happening.
I placed some event sprites around the reflective floor and they show up, all except for the bigger sprite and the followers. Which I'm not entirely sure why, at this point it could be my MZ program?

1629018061094.png

So to make sure it is just my MZ program -
Started up a new project on MV and placed in the plug-in, set my tileset to 50% opacity.
Placed floor tiles with region 254 and only the leader character is showing.

1629017472300.png

Sorry for all the trouble, I love the plug-in and the reflection but it's weird how the followers aren't being reflected. At this point, it could be on my side. Thanks again for taking a look into it.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello again @Galkamik

I found the problem. There was indeed a bug with the followers in previous version of the plugin. It was fixed 2 months ago in the latest version 1.1.
But I went to check back and the version on my itch was still 1.09. For some reason, it seem the latest version was never updated on itch. You can go and download it again, it should be v1.1 now, and it should work for followers.

*I still need to make the other changes concerning the ! et $ character sheets. This will be for the next version. Allow me a few days.

Thanks again for reporting :rock-right:

Galkamik

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello again @Galkamik

I found the problem. There was indeed a bug with the followers in previous version of the plugin. It was fixed 2 months ago in the latest version 1.1.
But I went to check back and the version on my itch was still 1.09. For some reason, it seem the latest version was never updated on itch. You can go and download it again, it should be v1.1 now, and it should work for followers.

*I still need to make the other changes concerning the ! et $ character sheets. This will be for the next version. Allow me a few days.

Thanks again for reporting :rock-right:

Thank you for this! And for the speedy reply and fix! Amazing Plug-in!!

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, all!
A new update:
  • Add a <fix mirror image> event comment tag to prevent the flipping of vertical directions for reflections. This can come in handy when using image from non character sheets like 'Flame', 'Switches' or 'Chests'.
Capture d’écran, le 2021-08-16 à 12.08.29.png

In the image above, we see a character facing up on the left. As expected, its reflection is facing the opposite direction. The second image is a torch from the 'Flame' sheet. Its reflection is also facing the opposite direction which, in this case, result in an incorrect image. The last event on the right is the same torch image but with the comment tag <fix mirror image> which prevent the flipping of vertical direction and render the correct image.
  • Fix the reflection framing for big character sheet with '$' in front of the file name.
Capture d’écran, le 2021-08-16 à 12.13.34.pngCapture d’écran, le 2021-08-16 à 12.11.39.png

In this other example, we can see the reflections of images of different size. The one on the left is drawn from a big character sheet (preceded by '$'). The other 2 images are drawn from a regular 48x48 character sheet, and upscaled/downscaled with a scaling plugin; showing that the reflection respond accordingly.

Regards,
TSR :cutesmile: :rock-right:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it seems the last image the big one, isn't reflect correctly if its 1 tile away
from the mirror and should be 1 tile away of the reflection?

but nicely done for the fix, and the <fix mirror image> can come in handy
in serveral ways, specially if you make a puzzel, with 7 or 9 switchs, only 3
are inccorect that shows which should be toggles to open something or in
a specific order.

so in can be used in different ways as well, another example,
a room have 6 doors, but each door goes to the same room, but when
you activate a reflector somewhere and go back, only 1 door shows, or only 5
doors show, the 1 door or the 1 missing door = the correct one and transfer
now to a new room and the others to the same room you where before.

so mechanical ways in puzzel can be interesting too :)
even for chests, if the reflecting is correct, it would be save, its it's the oppesite
direction or the wrong direction, it's a trap, but who knows a rare item can be
there, if they are brave to get it by the trap is been placed? mimic, poison,
explosion (if they survived), cursed that ticks damage away and only be healed
by a powerfull healer somewhere in town, etc etc.

great job anyway as always :)

Reactions: TSR

prepe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Quick question. Kinda a long shot but never hurts to ask. I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with this while using khas plugins. It seems his core plugin is causing the reflections to through errors. When I disable his core plugin the reflections work fine no errors. However alot of my game had already been built and alot of his work. So I was wondering if anyone has had any issues using the two together that might be able to tell me what to change to make them play nice together?

Khas plugins
http://arcthunder.blogspot.com/p/rpg-maker-mv-plugins.html?m=1

Any help would be good. If a screen shot of the error is needed I'll post one in the morning.

Also fantastic plugin best money spent so far.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was TSR_Mirror above or below khas plugin?
Did you try to move TSR above khas if it was below or vice versa?

otherwise, a tiny give/video and plugin database might help to lower
the causes that can cause it.

with core -> ultimate lightning does work on my end though.
depends what version of MV/MZ you use?

Rex Tenebris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very awesome plugin!

Would be possible to adapt is as a shadow plugin? You know, make the reflection image full black.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, @prepe and @Killuki Zaoldyeck. Thank you both for your comments.

If a screen shot of the error is needed I'll post one in the morning.
Of course, that will help.

Would be possible to adapt is as a shadow plugin? You know, make the reflection image full black.
That's not really the purpose of the plugin. I mean, the reflection appear bellow tileset and it reflect the sprite as they look. But of course, everything is possible. I wasn't planning to do something like that, and I have other stuff on my hand right now. But you can join my discord and post that in the suggestion channel. I might work on that feature, whenever I got time.

Regards! B) :rock-right:

prepe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@TSR

So I cant locate the line of code in yours as its locked, and I know the error dont show khas but its definitaly his core script causing the problem. I only have his core and your mirror in a fresh project on rmmv 1.6.2. When I turn his on I get the error below. If I turn his off yours works fine.

Here is the error, my map set up, and plugin list. Using default values with region ID's. I trid puting yours on top as well and still the same.

Thank you for the fast responce.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Error2.png
    Error2.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Map.png
    Map.png
    594.9 KB · Views: 5
  • PluginList.png
    PluginList.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 6

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@prepe does the same error acure when you place TSR above Khas_Core?

because they work best when they are on the top of your plugin list,
in case you use YEP_EngineCore, TSR plugin should be just below that one,
and mostly above others unless told otherwise.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@prepe It seems there was some conflict with an array iteration. I uploaded a new version on my itch. You can download it again and it should work now.

Regards

prepe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@prepe It seems there was some conflict with an array iteration. I uploaded a new version on my itch. You can download it again and it should work now.

Regards
@ShadowDragon
I did try it on top and it was the same issue.

@TSR
Thank you I will check it after work and let you know.

-Edit- yes you 100 percent fixed it. Thank you for your fast response and fixing it. I have all your good plugins. There the best out there thank you again.

Last edited:

DerniBorges

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.

bug2.png

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin?
There's a way. By adding bunch of codes to my plugin, but I'm not planning to do that any time soon.

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Popup didn't appear when using -1

greenrivers

Pixel Artist
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm giving this plugin a go, but unfortunately it seems incompatible with Galv's character frames. Has anyone found a way to get these two to play nice with each other? I tried going into the .js file itself to see, but it looks like the code is encrypted or something.

It doesn't seem to care for 8-dir, 6-frame character sheets (ノ-_-)ノ ミ ┴┴
HMMM.png

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, @greenrivers.
The fact that you're using a 6-frames animation character sheet shouldn't be a problem since it was reported as working fine with other multi-frames plugins (one from mog for instance, if I remember correctly).
The problem is because you use a 8-direction character sheet which change the sprite character framing and doesn't work with my plugin. This was asked before, and as I said previously, I don't plan to includes that feature in my plugin for now.​

Thank you.

greenrivers

Pixel Artist
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@TSR aw nuts. Thanks for letting me know though! It's a lovely plugin and I'll definitely keep an eye out in case you change your mind.

Reactions: TSR

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Saint Nicholas Day! May there nice stuff in your shoes when you wake up!
Choosing Beggars are the best source of entertainment.
DavidUchina wrote on caethyril's profile.
You chad, thanks a lot for your plugins. You helped me costumize the buttons in my game.
I created the first teaser for my game! I decided to make an animation of Cabaret Helen advertising the Pizza Time Theater, set to an actual radio commercial. But this is no ordinary advertisement...
"Somber melody and stunning visuals takes one through the bittersweet tale of False Rebirth" ~ Marmalade
https://rpgmaker.net/games/12069/reviews/7576/

Got a first review on my game, on RPG Maker dot net. :kaothx:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zombiedans