Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello again!
the NO EFFECT doesn't appear at all.
Hum... This is weird cause only the 'checkStateResist' function has been changed and it always return true if the attack state rate is 100%...
Just to be sure: occasionally some parameters can reset when switching a new version. Default 'show no effect' is false so be sure it's still toggled On.
Otherwise, do you still have previous version, and if so, does the problem resolve when back to the precedent version?

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, tried this again by removing plugin, rebooted computer, installed new plugin. I can confirm that:
1- The NO EFFECT does popup when the state is applied via a weapon (so this works)
2- The NO EFFECT does not popup when the state is applied via a skill/spell (this doesn't work)

Reactions: TSR

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
when the state is applied via a skill/spell (this doesn't work)
Thanks for reporting! :thumbsup-right:
There's seem to have a problem with the skill/item effect indeed. But I have something different on my part: the 'no effect' popup always show no matter the skill/item effect rate...
Let me check on this, and I'll give news soon.

///EDIT: I can't double post, so I'll just update this post.
*Turn out the effect value has to be refered as value1 instead of value. This fix the problem on my side, it should fix yours too @Moon_Haven, tell me if not ;)

Thanks!
///END

Last edited:

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That fixed it, thank you! :D

Reactions: TSR

MikaTeapot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I started using this plugin a moment ago, and for some reason, state popups don't work. I have them set to on in the settings. Whether it's resist, or low rate, or successful they don't pop up.

Granted, this is an existing long term project and there's a decent chance the problem is a plugin conflict or an edit somewhere, state popups did work with my last plugin (lgp) so I'm not sure.

While I'm here, I can't test it as states don't work atm, but will it work with

target.addState(10) script calls/action sequences?

edit: relating to the above, I see nothing from states at all HOWEVER, I do see "no effect" if it's a weapon applying the state to someone who is immune. However, I still see nothing when the state is applied.

edit2: When an actor using a weapon that applies a state, hits an enemy immune to that state, whilst under a leech effect so that the actor gains hp from the attack "no effect" shows up under both the actor, and under the target. https://i.ibb.co/5FrsSRZ/zsfrdsfede.jpg

edit3: been through every single plugin, and also double checked the code for edits of battleenginecore, coreengine, and the default js and it's all default. No state popups with or without anything D: Swapping LGP plugin for this one, has state adding working again fine. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/lgp-better-damage-popup.97679/

Also, using "strings" doesn't fix it. And for whatever reason the letter layout is wonky, like the small "l" always gets hidden behind other letters, m has a large space, it's for some reason all over the place :|

I decided to go back to LGP and try to fix my original issue instead, I was having too many trying to implement this, but maybe the bug about "no effect" showing on leeches is worth your attention anyway, don't worry about me ^^

Last edited:

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!
but maybe the bug about "no effect" showing on leeches is worth your attention anyway
Thank you for reporting that. I'll give it a look, and update the plugin.
Good luck with your project! ;)

MikaTeapot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got there in the end aha. I think lgp cursed me. No other plugins can show states now.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is something I could implement to the plugin. But I'm not sure how this would work.

If a character have 50% state rate for poison and is hit by an attack that can inflict poison at 50% rate.
When the resist popup would show? Every hits? Or when the state is not applied by the hit?

How to distinguish between a state that did not passed (failed the 50% condition of the attack) and a state that was prevented by the 50% resistance of the target?

Foerster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello TSR The Northern Frog.

I found you Plugin and so far i can say, this is the best damagePopup Plugin (and completest) out there.

However i found an issue when it comes to element Absorbtion (I use Yep_ElementCore).
When i hit an Enemy with an Skill or Weapon that uses an element and the Enemy absorbs it
(Notetag <Element Absorb: x>) it shows the Hp Heal and the Resist Popup!

Is it possible to make it, that when an Element is absorbed the Resist Popup don´t show or alternatively a absorb Popup appear?

And it seems not be compatible with the Passive State MinionBarrier (One of Yanflys tipps and tricks States). When an Enemy has this State and this Plugin ist active, the State has no Effect!

The Code in the State Notebox for Minion Barrier is:
<Custom Passive Condition>
condition = user.friendsUnit().aliveMembers().length > 1;
</Custom Passive Condition>

<Custom React Effect>
if (this.isHpEffect() && value > 0) {
var allies = target.friendsUnit().aliveMembers();
var dmg = Math.ceil(value / Math.max(1, allies.length - 1));
if (allies.length - 1 > 0) {
value = 0;
}
for (var i = 0; i < allies.length; ++i) {
var ally = allies;
if (ally && ally !== target) {
ally.gainHp(-dmg);
ally.startDamagePopup();
ally.startAnimation(69);
if (ally.isDead()) {
ally.performCollapse();
}
ally.clearResult();

}

}

}
</Custom React Effect>
I would be very grateful for your help.

And sorry for my bad English.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello @Foerster

I've uploaded a new version on my itch.io: TSR_Popups v1.2.2
Now the elemental response popups like 'resist' and 'weak' won't appear if the target can absorb the attacker elements. Thank you for reporting that :thumbsup-right:

Concerning your other issue, I don't see how my Plugin could prevent this simple script. But there's an error in the code your provided. I'm pretty sure that line:
Code:
var ally = allies;
Should be writen like this:
Code:
var ally = allies[i];
So the loop could cycle through all party members ;)
Also, be sure the plugins are in correct order in the plugins manager. TSR_Popups must be placed bellow YEP_BattleEngineCore and above any other Yanfly batlle related plugins.

Foerster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Foerster

I've uploaded a new version on my itch.io: TSR_Popups v1.2.2
Now the elemental response popups like 'resist' and 'weak' won't appear if the target can absorb the attacker elements. Thank you for reporting that :thumbsup-right:

Thank you for the fast reply.

I have downloaded and testet the new version of your Plugin, but the Popups are still shown when it comes to element absorbtion.

in addition to that i have found a weird bug. When the Actor hits the target with his elemental weakness, sometimes it show the weak popup and sometimes it doesen't.

I have testet it on different enemie groups and this weird bug seems to appear more frequently when there are more different enemies in the same group and the skill that is used is targeting all of them or more than one.

Concerning your other issue, I don't see how my Plugin could prevent this simple script. But there's an error in the code your provided. I'm pretty sure that line:
Code:
var ally = allies;
Should be writen like this:
Code:
var ally = allies;
So the loop could cycle through all party members ;)
Also, be sure the plugins are in correct order in the plugins manager. TSR_Popups must be placed bellow YEP_BattleEngineCore and above any other Yanfly batlle related plugins.

And for that matter...it was the Plugin order but now the code works.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!
Popups are still shown when it comes to element absorbtion.
Yep, I tested it only with attack elements and forgot to add the itemeffects part...Here's another one that check for both. Should work now. TSR.Popups 1.2.3

in addition to that i have found a weird bug. When the Actor hits the target with his elemental weakness, sometimes it show the weak popup and sometimes it doesen't.

I have testet it on different enemie groups and this weird bug seems to appear more frequently when there are more different enemies in the same group and the skill that is used is targeting all of them or more than one.
Are you using critical and overkill popups? Critical and overkill hits disable the elemental response popups, so if you don't use those popups, and critical or overkill hits happens, it will prevent the weak/resist popups. If that's the problem, I can see how to fix that.

Foerster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using critical and overkill popups? Critical and overkill hits disable the elemental response popups, so if you don't use those popups, and critical or overkill hits happens, it will prevent the weak/resist popups. If that's the problem, I can see how to fix that.

Yes, i use the critical and overkill popups, but it's not up to them.

It is more likely the enemy troops.
I'll describe it a little more precisely:

Example1
In the enemy troop are 6 Slimes you hit them with a skill that targeting all of them with her elemental weakness. The Weak Popups appear without problems.

Example2

In the enemy troop are 2 Slimes and 1 Killer Rabit, you use the same Skill as in Example1.
The Weak Popups appear without problems.

But now, in the next Example...

Example3
In the enemy troop are 2 Slimes, 1 Killer Rabit and 1 Wolf, Same Skill is in use...but this Time...
The Weak Popups dont appear.
But when i hit a Single Target in this Troop with his elemental Weakness
The weak Popup appear without problems.

It seems that this bug only appear on Enemy troops with more than 2 different Enemies and the Skill is Targeting all of them or more than one!

The same is true for the resist Popups!

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!
I would like to help, but I can't do anything about a bug a cannot reproduce.
4 differents enemies, all of the bearing 50% resistance to the skill element that target all of them:

screen shot 1.png
*This come from my game, The Last Continent. It use a lots of different enemies groups with different elemental weakness and resistance. It use all my plugins along with over 60 Yanfly plugins. I have no compatibility issues and I can't reproduce that bug you report in any way...

Are you using other battle plugins, like skill target scope or row/subgroup selection plugins? What are the specs of the skill you used for testing, and what trait does the enemies you used for testing have?
Also, might be a stupid question, but I assume all enemies survive the skill damage. Enemies that are wiped out by the attack don't show weak/resist popups, just saying...

I hope I can help, but I can't figure out what causing this out of the few informations I have...

Foerster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I would like to help, but I can't do anything about a bug a cannot reproduce.
4 differents enemies, all of the bearing 50% resistance to the skill element that target all of them

I have testet it again and i found out, when the Enemy troop has more than 3 different enemys and 1 of them has element weakness/resistens and all the others have other weaknesses/resistens the popups dont show.

This was testet in a Testprojekt along with these aktive Plugins in the following order.
Yep_CoreEngine
Yep_BattleEngineCore
TSR_Popups
Yep_ElementCore
Yep_BuffsStatesCore
Yep_AutoPassiveStates

I have a make a few Screenshots:

1. The Ninja guys have a 50% element Weakness to Fire and the Minotaurus dont have this Weakness!
two different Enemies and the weak Popup appears without Problems!
PopupProblem1.png

2. Now i have added a third different enemy that dont have the Fire Weakness use the Same Skill
and the WeakPopup on the Ninja guys dont appear!
PopupProblem2.png

When all Enemies in the troop have the same Weakness/Resist the Popup appear, no matter how much different enemies in the Troop are.

I really hope that this description is sufficient.

Also, might be a stupid question, but I assume all enemies survive the skill damage. Enemies that are wiped out by the attack don't show weak/resist popups, just saying...

The enemies have allways survive the Skill damage.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello again!
Yes, your description is sufficient, but then again, this is not what happening on my end:

*I put the impact element resistance to spiders which are also weak to firearms elements.
Rats on their side, are weak to the impact element.
Wasp are resistant to biohazard element and weak to firearms (2 elements unrelated to the attack)
The mutant is weak to sharp element and resistant to biohazard (again, not related to the attack element)
This is what happen after I throw a dynamite which target all enemies and have impact elemental damage. All popups behaves as expected...
Screen shot 2.png

But I might have a little idea of what's happening on your side. Is the enemies you use for testing have the element absorb notetag (for a different element than the one from the skill)?

Foerster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But I might have a little idea of what's happening on your side. Is the enemies you use for testing have the element absorb notetag (for a different element than the one from the skill)?

Yes, the Minotaur has the Element absorb for Thunder.
I have deleted that and then the popups apeared without problems...but then, i tested it again and the Popups dont appeared. That's so weird.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've made another small edit to the script. I think it was due to the last change I made (not showing weak/resist popups when absorbed). Please download it again and tell me if that fix it.

Foerster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have downloaded end testet it again, but the Popups dont appear after all.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok, I've thought of a simplier strategy; instead of checking it the attack contains an element that the target can absorb, now the Plugin will disable weak/resist/immune popups whenever the resulting damage is positive (healing/absorbing).​
Hope it'll work for you this time ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Holy cow, I have made Row Formation work again with OTB!

Now, my devious machinations can finally be born...
finished the second chapter of deltarune today, I gotta say that the 3 years wait was worth it lol
Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElektroHaexe