Foerster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unfortunately nothing has changed.

I don't know if that will help, but when i post a Testproject with the enemy Groups and the Traits they have. So you can take a look and eventually see what's wrong.

Reactions: TSR

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, sure, you can do that. I'll find the cause, if I can see the bug and the context in which it happens.

Foerster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here it is.
I hope this works, its my first time i use Google Drive.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! Turned out it was about the enemies order. Since I used a single property to disable/enable the elemental popups, when the skill hit first an enemy that disable the elemental popups, it sometimes affect the following popups. In other word I can remove the bug by changing the order in which the troop is built.​
That said, I've changed the script to store the elemental property in the target._result so it'll be specific to each target. Thank you for having helped me hunting and fixing that bug :cutesmile: :rock-right:
*Of course I have tested the new version in the test project you posted, and each 'bug' troops now shows popups as they should (I think...)

Foerster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now it's fixed, thank you.

By the way, as soon as i have a Paypal account i will donate something for your hard work.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you! :thumbsup-right:
Good luck with your project B):rock-right:

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
why I install this plugin but he like no any things Damage to popup ?
not things, no any things.... none

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter do you use RMMV? or RMMZ? if it's RMMZ it might not work because
of the functions MZ doesn't have.

if it will work in RMMZ, than the lunatic doesn't work with vistuella's MZ plugins
which differs alot.

in case you use RMMV, are your plugin order correct? or lunatic code?

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@seaotter do you use RMMV? or RMMZ? if it's RMMZ it might not work because
of the functions MZ doesn't have.

if it will work in RMMZ, than the lunatic doesn't work with vistuella's MZ plugins
which differs alot.

in case you use RMMV, are your plugin order correct? or lunatic code?
I USE RPG MAKER MZ.
I NOTE FRIST he will show one time, then not things to show unitl battle to over.

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since I updated to v.1.2.4, sometimes--I have no idea how to replicate it except just keep doing it until it happens--when dot damage occurs on the enemy, it'll pop up with weak as though the enemy is weak to the dot damage.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!
I have no idea how to replicate it
Me neither...

If you have some more details about how or when it's happening, I'll see what I can do...

Regards.

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

Me neither...

If you have some more details about how or when it's happening, I'll see what I can do...

Regards.

So I learned it will occur with just one state applied. When I reapply the state by using a skill the enemy is weak against, it'll say it's weak to the tick damage. So, in my example, the enemy is weak against Lightning, I use the skill, it gets the dot. Use the same spell again, reapply the state (it has to still have the state up), and then when the tick damage occurs, it says they are weak to it (and sometimes seems to do more damage but it could just be variance).

This did not occur when I tested the same scenario with the old version of the plugin. It occurs in a fresh project if you follow my scenario.

Last edited:

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello again!
So I learned it will occur with just one state applied. When I reapply the state by using a skill the enemy is weak against, it'll say it's weak to the tick damage. So, in my example, the enemy is weak against Lightning, I use the skill, it gets the dot. Use the same spell again, reapply the state (it has to still have the state up), and then when the tick damage occurs, it says they are weak to it (and sometimes seems to do more damage but it could just be variance).
Ok, I see. Thanks for reporting :thumbsup-right:
I was able to reproduce the bug, and made a few changes to the code to fix it. Should be ok now:

Regards. :cutesmile:
TSR

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking good! Thank you for the prompt fix!

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just found this plugin, and its better than all the others I have managed to collect. I wish I had found it sooner...

I've scanned the topic so far and didn't notice anyone with a similar suggestion, and I will totally understand if you refuse, but I wanted to ask if you would consider adding support for Yanfly's Absorption Barrier.
Currently, loss of Barrier is treated like any other damage event, and generates a separate popup identical to normal health loss.

Thanks for your time, and this great plugin.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello @Roguedeus, thank you for your comments :thumbsup-right:

Could you explain a bit more what do you consider as a bug, and what do you expect it should do?
I mean, I use extensively YEP_AbsorptionBarrier in my MV project, and both plugins works fine together as far as I know...

I think it's normal that a second damage popups appear when the barrier breaks. Unless the damage value of the hit that break the barrier is the exact same value as the remaining barrier points, a second popups will show since the character will lose the hp that the barrier couldn't prevent.

Example: you have 25 barrier points left and receive 100 hp damage. The barrier can only absorb 25 hp and the remaining damage is transfered to the character. Hence a 25 barrier damage popup is show, along with a 75 hp regular damage popup.​

But maybe you are speaking about something else..?

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the reply.

There is no bug, the two plugins work great together.

I am only suggesting that it be possible to customize the way Barriers popup. Similar to the way other things, like Elements can. That way they can be given different fonts, or colors, etc.

If that is already possible, I did not notice it.
I will double check once I have time.

Hope that helps.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok, I see. :cutesmile:

It is possible, but it would be simplier to edit Yanfly plugin instead of mine. Beside, if you only want to change the barrier popup color, there's a parameter for that in YEP_absorptionBarrier.

Regards.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, I see. :cutesmile:

It is possible, but it would be simplier to edit Yanfly plugin instead of mine. Beside, if you only want to change the barrier popup color, there's a parameter for that in YEP_absorptionBarrier.

Regards.

Sure enough, there was one key detail I had overlooked.

The reason the Barrier popup was being overwritten, was I had placed your plugin below Absorption Barrier.

I had not noticed where you put the plugin placement instructions.( I wasn't expecting it to be at the end of the help list ). Placing it directly under YEP_BattleEngineCore did the trick.

Again, thank you for the time. I apologize for wasting it.

TheWillardofOz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for this plug-in!

I am noticing one minor issue, though. The State Resist isn't working for me at all.
I started a fresh project and got the same results.
Here's my scenario: Enemy has skill that inflicts poison. Actor has armor equipped
that resists the poison state. When I was on version 1.1.4 it would actually ignore the state
resistance and poison the actor anyway. After installing the 1.2.5 update everything is working
on the technical end, but it still will not give me the "no effect" popup.

State popups are on and everything else in the plug-in works flawlessly.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

IlluminaughtyStore.jpg
:kaojoy:
Welcome to the Illuminaughty store.
Yes... they are "wearing Illuminati branded everything, reclining on huge Illuminati body pillows. Occasionally they'll "teehee" at each other and have pillow fights with Illuminati branded pillows full of hundred dollar bills."
BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D
Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.
With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.
Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broskiman1