Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much for this plug-in!
Hello, and thank you for your comment :rock-right:

I am noticing one minor issue, though. The State Resist isn't working for me at all.
I started a fresh project and got the same results.
Here's my scenario: Enemy has skill that inflicts poison. Actor has armor equipped
that resists the poison state. When I was on version 1.1.4 it would actually ignore the state
resistance and poison the actor anyway. After installing the 1.2.5 update everything is working
on the technical end, but it still will not give me the "no effect" popup.
Well, since I'm not currently working actively on my MV project with this plugin, I thought that maybe I've overlooked something or some later update somehow broke this feature. So I went and ran a few test in a test project. Unfortunately, it seems I'm not able to reproduce what you reported.

I tested in a project with only TSR_Popups AND in a project with only YEP_BattleEngineCore along with TSR_Popups.

I tested with both the Attack State trait and a skill that have the Add State effect.

I tested with the State Resist trait and the State Rate 0% trait, as actors, enemies, classes and armors traits.

The 'No effect' popups does appears everytimes...

Can't tell what's happening on your side, though... But note that my plugin has nothing to do with applying the state or not. It just check if the target has a state resist trait or state rate 0%, and show the popup accordingly. So when you say 'When I was on version 1.1.4 it would actually ignore the state resistance and poison the actor anyway.' The fact that poison was applied anyway wasn't related to my plugin, but something else, in the database or other plugins.

I would like to help more, but I need to be able to reproduce the bug so I can track it.

TheWillardofOz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested in a project with only TSR_Popups AND in a project with only YEP_BattleEngineCore along with TSR_Popups.

I tested with both the Attack State trait and a skill that have the Add State effect.

I tested with the State Resist trait and the State Rate 0% trait, as actors, enemies, classes and armors traits.

The 'No effect' popups does appears everytimes...
I think I figured it out! The skills my enemies are using do not do any damage. Damage is set to 'none' and they simply add the state. Once I turned hp damage on and added something to the damage formula the 'no effect' started popping up.

Is there a way to get the state resist popups without needing to include damage to the attack? A valid workaround would be to just put zero in the damage formula, but I'd prefer to not have any number show up at all.

Reactions: TSR

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello again!
Is there a way to get the state resist popups without needing to include damage to the attack?
Good call! I'll fix that and post a new version. Allow me some time, though.

Thanks for reporting that; stay tune!
Regards :rock-right:

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good day @TSR !
I was searching far and wide for this plug in and it is a GOD SENT. I am so glad to have found this.

However there is a small issue I'm having with this plug-in where the sprites for the Damage Numbers and the Weak Icons are slightly offset? I'm having a very hard time wording this, so I will show you this picture instead.
1628534061041.png
I am not sure what the problem is here... I am incredibly confused?
If the issue is a need to re-scale and or resize the sprites then I'll try and do so, but If that isn't the case.

Thanks in advance! This is a great plugin so far!

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello @Stargazer_Nisshoku and thanks for your comments!

I can't tell how it can do this. If I'm not wrong, you're using the damage sprite sheet (not strings), and it seems the framing of the digits is all messed up. Did you change something in the sheet? Other plugins might interfere too, so you may want to try it in a new project with only my plugin and using the same sheet.​

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Stargazer_Nisshoku if you changed the sheet to a different font which
is possible, bu keep in mind, that EACH digit has the same size, like 40x40,
and not different on each digit like 40x40, 40x30, 40x50 etc, they must
have the same size for each digit.

as for the weak/critical, I dont know how this one is calculated, but that is something
you need to test, probably as will at least 40 height as the difit height, and it should
work after that, if not, you could show the plugin database to see if something is
interfering with the TSR_Popups in order to fix this.

as for your digits, it's different from the sheet as provided made by TSR,
and changing it is fine though, but you need to follow the rules :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Stargazer_Nisshoku and thanks for your comments!

I can't tell how it can do this. If I'm not wrong, you're using the damage sprite sheet (not strings), and it seems the framing of the digits is all messed up. Did you change something in the sheet? Other plugins might interfere too, so you may want to try it in a new project with only my plugin and using the same sheet.​
I went in and rechecked and I made the mistake of renaming the TSR Popup file from TSR_Damage to just Damage and after fixing the names of all the files it works well now lol.

After going back i feel really dumb for not leaving it as is.
But thanks for your time I appreciate the help.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nerfis